Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this problems with 15tkm on the clock. When cold outside (-C degrees) engine stars but it sound like a tank. Something grinds inside the engine. For some reason I suspect that it fires on 3 or 4 cylinders and not with 5, like it should. 1 to 2 minutes on and all of the cylinders fire up and the grinding stops.
Took the car to service and there they cleaned the ERG valve but that didn't help. Another thing - problem occurred on variety of Alfas with 2,4, 200bhp, jtdms but there is no feedback from Turin. They now about the problem but wont do anything.
That was strange to me, actually I dint trust my service/retailer so I got in touch with Alfa service in Germany. To resolve this problem fellow Germans told me that they take off engine block, polish it, redo the intake manifold (4 hours of work) and if that doesn't help they provide a new engine block. Why can it be done in Germany and not elsewhere ? Their law states that if car isn't repaired in 3 consecutive trips to service, customer can take it back to retailer and get the whole refund. So, they are obligated to repair these kind of problems.

Going mad in the mornings,

Marko

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Marko,

I’m feeling the same issue with my 159 TI 2.4. even sometimes it shows me the current consumption of 40L-50L/100km's. i have talk to few French Alfa dealers but each gave me different answer. some say that it's normal because of the cold. some say that need to clean the EGR and some say that need to do the revision. but my car is still 30000km. and when i bought it from Germany (at 25000km) they did the 1st revision free even it is need to be done at 35000km.

you are true. i feel the same regarding German Alfa support. they are very competent and help full.( for me rather than French Alfa Romeo)

please let me know what has happened to your problem... how you solved that?

thanks.

chamsi

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not the EGR valve. Had\have the same problem and a new EGR valve didn't solve the problem. On my car the grinding stops after a minute or so or after driving a few hundred meters so I don't matter as long it's not an expensive defect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fellow Alfisti,

new ecu map from Turin solved the problem. Your service isnt obligated to tell you about it and they wont do a thing. You have to ask for it. It has to do with angle of firing up the engine. Best regards,

marko

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the same problem but until they changed me the main block and update the ECU software. I think they have no sollucion for this.

B

·
0 Posts
Same car, same problems :(
Any suggestions what I should ask for my dealer? My car is still under warranty.

B

·
0 Posts
Yeap, it's in a dealership right now. Will let you know when I have any updates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi,

yesterday i left the car at my alfa dealer. normally they are supposed to call me to with the diagnostic results... but still no phone calls:: i will call then if i wont get any feed back in few hours....... AH AHHHHHHH :confused:

chamsi

B

·
0 Posts
I was told that juddering is a feature of the car :) Nothing is wrong - and it supposed to be this way. Heh...

·
Registered
10 Posts
okay guys.. i got the reply from Alfa... they've done a complete diagnostic... and gonna change the EGR, regenerate the FAP and replace the diesel pump and at the end they need to upgrade the ECU...... that’s for the consumption issue.

and i had another issue with the gear leaver... as I’m having a Qtronic, when i move the leaver to "P" position sometimes it blocks.... so i ask them to check that also.. so that need to replace a switch which in the break paddle.... all together 900€ invoice.....

as long as i have extended warranty( which cost me 600€) I’m covered.... hopefully i will get the car back on Friday.... i wanna feel the different.............................. i will let you know how it will.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts