Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 car on 51 plate with 140 bhp engine.

Turbo lag - doncha luv it..not. Is there anything you can do about this? Like getting it to come in earlier. At the moment it is coming in around 19k revs, and can be somewhat annoying.

cheers all.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Get it remapped. :thumbs:

Also, there's a chance your EGR valve is slightly stuck open.

You might want to try this, my JTD felt great afterwards:

Power Boost

·
Registered
135 Posts
is it legal to de cat diesels? I know petrols after 93ish must have a cat. I do remember decating a few cars around about 98 (only due to costs of replacing cat) but they were made when it wasnt law so it could be done. However some cars actually ran worse with no cat. At the time i still hated diesels Will a diesel made after 93 still pass an MOT with no cat. What will the performance differance be? Cheers Rich

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So am I right in thinking a decat is just a straight through pipe that goes where the cat is now?

Is it just a question of taking out the cat and screwing in the pipe ( putting it back again at MOT time ) -- or s there more too it than that, like ECU re-tuning etc?

Any downsides to doing it such as long time engine damage?

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
So am I right in thinking a decat is just a straight through pipe that goes where the cat is now?
Yes, thats it.

Is it just a question of taking out the cat and screwing in the pipe ( putting it back again at MOT time ) -- or s there more too it than that, like ECU re-tuning etc?
Thats it really!

Any downsides to doing it such as long time engine damage?
No downsides, besides more emissions.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts