Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, im new to this forum an need some help!!

I have an ecu code saying Throttle Position Sensor is at fault. Is it the thing i can see towards the top of my accelerator pedal, if it is how the hell do i get to it!!?? cheers

oh and my Alfa is year 2000.

L

·
0 Posts
get down on your knees, grease your spine well & FLEX....... :cheese:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
check your plugs its either to a plug-connector within 6" of the pedal, or it goes across the car behind the heater to a connection in the left-hand footwell, im saying this as i see u have another problem too with a dim airbag light and wondered if they are related? sometimes problems are
dont wiggle airbag connectors though as they could go off...leave battery off for an hour or so before messing with them.

you could try this....its supposed to be a throttle reset.........unplug battery for at least 1/2 hour......reconnect, turn key to MAR postion (thats ignition on but not as far as starting) for 90 seconds.....then off for 90 seconds....and start it, its the first part of a ecu reset thats supposed to be for throttle

Gary

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i took the thing off............bad idea. broke the wires :-( where will i find a new one, cant locate the part anywhere online?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
can you not solder them back?
i cant find one online but someone said they come with the peddle and this is the number 50505939

you never really said what your problem was....or the error code given,sometimes the codes can mean other things, for example i once had a fualt code that people said ment my maf was on its way out, infact it was wrong the code did mean a airflow problem.....but it was infact the egr

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
karaterusseybab: hdseven has a point the fault codes are a guide only. It can often be the connector rather than the component itself. Typical example of that is that just moving a front seat will often cause the airbag warning to illuminate; the connectors under the seat are notoriously troublesome.

Sorry can't help with the broken wire. But yes a soldering iron sounds like your best friend right now but you need to put it in the hands of someone who is good at soldering .If the wires are long enough then worst case a screw connector may get you out of trouble - bit of a botch but it might work and easier than soldering.

You should never pull on the wires - bit late and obvious for me to tell you that now and there is always a locking tongue that needs depressing somewhere on almost every electrical connector that must be depressed to allow it to be pulled apart. Look carefully and you will find it.

Best bet for a replacement is from a scrapper. As you have hidden your location I don't know where you are based so can't advise the closest supplier.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys, thanks for all your advice. Unfortunately its not going to be soldered. i literally ripped the thing off. Dam, wanna be mechanic. Im determined to resolve it though and im frantically looking around to find a spare part.

Ive learnt my lesson though................gently gently next time, if there is one!!

Im in dorset by the way, Dorchester.

Help much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts