Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just thought I'd share my clutch problems on my 02 156 2.4 jtd sportwagon. It seems no matter how much love, care and planning you can put on your alfa things can still go wrong.

The clutch on my sportwagon was getting weak so i decided to change it before it started slipping. I quick look over it i noticed the slave cylinder weeping slightly plus a notchy pedal. I thought I'd change the master and slave at the same time. While I was there I tried to see if the clutch arm that fits on the clutch fork would come off freely, it didnt. So i ordered a new valeo clutch, clutch arm, hydrualics, clutch fork bushes, rear main oil seal and two inner driveshaft boots as they were split. I thought i had everything I needed for a quick change with no delays, as i was doing it at work using a ramp. I didnt get a duel mass as the price was too dear to get just incase and was going to make that decision when the box was out- as it was, i was so surprised how good the duel mass was. I tried everything to get the clutch arm off- pullers, heat everything so i had to take the grinder to it and then split it free from the splines with a cold chisel. With that little prob sorted The gearbox came out easily. With everything done and replaced, new bushes, rear main and rebuild driveshafts I connected the battery and started it up. I was very happy as It only took me 4.5 hours to do it, the happiness was short lived as the clutch drags and doesnt clear. Ive checked everything and the slave and arm moves its full travel its just a faulty clutch. Guess what Im going to be doing monday night after work. It just goes to show it does matter how much you plan, things can still go wrong! I still love my Alfa even if my work mates take the ****!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Your mates are just jealous really and looking for target area's. One of my work mates specialty was emptying his 2ltr water under my rad after shift, I did even look under once. Focus estate owner what can you say, boredom driving gets to them all eventually!

No matter what grief any of my Alfa's give me, the drive in them pays for that ten fold!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts