Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says - anybody know of a GOOD open file remap that can be purchased online and loaded by my local 'tuner'?
One that doesn't break the bank!
I've spoken to Gus at Alfatune, but he requires that you ship your ECU to him - not practical for me and too big a risk (should it go missing!).
Main priority is for a more driveable 2.2JTS and get rid of lowdown hesitation - could care less about power gains.
I know Mango was doing one at one stage as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As the title says - anybody know of a GOOD open file remap that can be purchased online and loaded by my local 'tuner'?
One that doesn't break the bank!
I've spoken to Gus at Alfatune, but he requires that you ship your ECU to him - not practical for me and too big a risk (should it go missing!).
Main priority is for a more driveable 2.2JTS and get rid of lowdown hesitation - could care less about power gains.
I know Mango was doing one at one stage as well.
You could get a company like Celtic Tuning to come to you?

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
People go to Gus for a reason, because it's a job done right. Drive to him and enjoy the cars drive on the way home. He made my car much more responsive with more low down torque & higher bhp too. The 2.2 responds much more as it should of done from new with a Gus remap, the 3.2 only adds around 10 brake, but the 2.2 can pull away in 2nd without hesitation one bit those was words from Gus, not such of the extra gains in total but it's your choice at the end-of-the-day.l did pay more from Gus because when it comes to Alfa Romeo Gus is right on the money so wasn't bothered so much by that extra

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Tata4Now - I will be doing the back box drilling on Saturday as a first attempt at a solution.

I've looked at Autodelta's website - no listing for a 2.2 remap - only 3.2 JTS and Brera S 3.2 remaps listed in the online shop.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Autodelta have a good reputation and are definately worth referring to. Jano was very knowledgeable when I last spoke to him, plus they do their own supercharger for this engine :thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi 2.2 owners. Mine also remapped and to be honest really good respond.i think 10-12 hp increased. BUT, after used for long, I noticed there a pinging sound or spark knocking or misfiring sound when it at low rpm especially at the hump when you slowly press the accelerate paddle. BUT when u full press the paddle no more spark knocking sound hear from the engine. Some mechanics said due to remap coz to much carbon maybe to be clean from the injector or maybe from catalytic converter. Any advise?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi 2.2 owners. Mine also remapped and to be honest really good respond.i think 10-12 hp increased. BUT, after used for long, I noticed there a pinging sound or spark knocking or misfiring sound when it at low rpm especially at the hump when you slowly press the accelerate paddle. BUT when u full press the paddle no more spark knocking sound hear from the engine. Some mechanics said due to remap coz to much carbon maybe to be clean from the injector or maybe from catalytic converter. Any advise?
Not heard of this one to be honest. So I can't help.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
What is the quality of the petrol like where you are?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is the quality of the petrol like where you are?
RON97 sometimes I change to RON100. I also can smell carbon from my back exhaust. When I try to balance my throttle paddle especially on uphill during queing to enter parking at the mall, the sparking knocking from low rpm can be hear

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there,

I am also from Malaysia, mind to share where you get your 159 2.2 JTS remapped?

Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Sounds like pinking to me but that's usually cured by using a higher octane fuel...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had the type of Map your on about from Top Gear, not the tv program they own Powerflow and Longlife not a well know fact but both companies are are still all franchised outlets so some brill and some no so.
I had mine done at Welsh Coast Customs which is one of the Powerflow ones, been around a good few years now and do a great job.
My Map cured the hesitation which is why I wanted it so job done, as to gain in BHP I haven’t noticed much to be honest.

I also had a catback stainless system put on by them which I am well pleased with although as they removed both back boxes and just put a smallish middle box in but it was far to loud (I am probably a bit old lol) so they put a bigger middle one in and now it’s just right happy days

·
Registered
671 Posts
Check out the exhaust back-box drilling thread for an alternative hesitation cure?

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-andamp-946-spider/723617-attention-2-2-quick-hesitation-cure-yes-it-works.html

In terms of cost you should see better MPG (depending on map) that means it'll pay for itself in 3 years.

2.2 remap = Autodelta every time for me.
I drilled my back box when I had a 2.2 but it did not solve the issue. I used tesco momentum and would have had it remapped but brought 3.2 instead. I liked my 2.2, sure liked it consumption better and you could scream the engine all day long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

I own 2 Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS Selespeed.

Here is what I did to my first 159:
NOVITEC Stainless Steel Double-Rear Exhaust 1x100
Novitec GP1

Kind of solve the hesitation issue but not 100%. Car drives much smoother.

Here is what I am going to do with my second 159:
Ragazzon Stainless Steel Double-Rear Exhaust 102
Ragazzon Stainless Steel Central Pipe (Group N)
BMC Sports Air Filter
Novitec GP1

I will update you all again regarding improvement on hesitation issue with 2.2 JTS engine. I strongly believe that better air flow will help. I have also contacted gus regarding ECU remap but have to wait for him to get back after 15th Aug (racing days for him).

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts