Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
having spent much time driving my 159 around recently (this makes me happy) ive noticed in carparks and sometimes when pulling away from standstill, the car is somewhat graunchy and irregular. The car has only ever been fueled with shell v-power under my ownership, so fairly sure injectors are not at fault. Ive read many things about re-mapping the ecu, though im skeptical as to this being the main cause of the problems. Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
A common problem with the 2.2 I'm afraid.

Unbelievable that Alfa got away with this - their official line is still that there isn't a problem.
Obviously they'd lose a fortune if they admitted the engine's got a big flaw :rant:.

Mine does it. It's absolutely fine with plenty of revs, but that's no good when pulling away from cold.
I can pull away smoothly all the time now but I do have to concentrate with the precise amount of pressure applied to the accelerator.

Not good, but I think most of us just learn to live with it.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Any particular places a remap can be done in Australia? Preferably Victoria......
Remap doesn't completely solve the issue, the problem is primarily the exhaust system, it can be resolved about 80% with freer flowing back boxes, the extra 20% will be refined out with a remap.

See the 2.2 hesitation thread at the top of the forum for lots more info. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So which gets the thumbs up? I don't want to ignite 1000 years of debate, so here are the facts:
-Im a student (fairly poor, but any monies i can accrue go towards my car)
-I live in Australia (shipping is a big factor)
-The system needs to be legal here (if it's legal in Europe, should be here)
Thanks in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts