Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just gonna leave this right here.

15.5% increase in power thanks to Celtic Tuning from 185 to 213.7 bhp today.

Other than the remap there is little I have done to acheive this. Pipercross air filter, and keeping the engine clean. I have changed to a magnatec oil but nothing else.

Wondering now what difference a free flowing exhaust will make ��

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've got a Celtic Tuning remap on my 2.2 Brera and they claim 205bhp. It wasn't done on a rolling road so there is no way of telling if this is true or not. I don't think this engine puts out anywhere near 185bhp as standard in the first place. My previous Brera reported 160 before a rolling road remap and nearly 170 after a remap. I had a B&N air filter at the time.

Having said that, I think that Celtic Tuning do a really good job and my car feels much more responsive now..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Celtic Tuning remap on my 2.2 Brera and they claim 205bhp. It wasn't done on a rolling road so there is no way of telling if this is true or not. I don't think this engine puts out anywhere near 185bhp as standard in the first place. My previous Brera reported 160 before a rolling road remap and nearly 170 after a remap. I had a B&N air filter at the time.

Having said that, I think that Celtic Tuning do a really good job and my car feels much more responsive now..
Yes mine was originally showing 181 bhp on the rolling road.

The guys at Celtic Tuning are worth using and they know their product. This is the 3rd time mines been on the Dyno with them. I'm pretty sure now that without some serious fettling and add ins I'm not going to get more from the engine. I'm now in stick or Supercharge territory which is a bit unnecessary on a 10 year old family saloon.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm amazed. This is engine is known for being a bit optimistic with it's claimed output. I've used Celtic Tuning mobile service and rate them highly. Wouldn't mind using a rolling road to see what it is putting out now.
What are these Pipercross air filters? They sound like they work for you...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts