Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Get the real thing we have tested a couple of alternatives and they do not work properly.
If you think Alfa rips us off GM wants R12 000 for the same thing.:wow: There I was thinking that we could get it cheaper from them what a mistake.:confused:

·
Registered
975 Posts
My MAF on my GTV is broken too - happened the other night. Was accelerating quite hard then felt like I ran into the rev-limiter at around 4500rpm, like driving into a wall. Engine light came on and has stayed on. Damn. I've been through so many MAF sensors with my car it's not funny. Last time round I paid R2400 odd for the sensor. This is a proper rip-off in my eyes.

Checked now - the MAF sensor itself, inside the canister, has part number F 00C 2G2 030 - exactly the same sensor as a 2.0 TS one. I have 3 canisters, so I will just buy a new sensor. Just to see from where - there are a few websites that sell the sensors, the real Bosch part, for under 90 pounds. This equates to a massive saving. I want to go to the Bosch Service Center around the corner first to find out how much they would charge for said part number. If they can't beat it, I will buy online. In the meantime the car just has to run with the sensor unplugged.

It's a complete rip-off that they can charge what they do for this MAF for the V6s. Really. How can the same sensor cost so much more just because it has a different canister? And why do I have to buy the whole canister again? Just another way of making money out of the uninformed I think.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Yes! Chris told us v6 an TS maf sensors are exactly the same lol, just a price difference

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The problem with Diesel electric (Bosch) is the do not work with Alfa or any other car part numbers. And it is sometime difficult for us to get the Bosch numbers.

My stuggle was with injectors for turbo cars, they can get them for any car that has them standard. But they have no idea what the size is. They read the book and understand nothing else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi there if can any one help me with these:i have alfa romeo 146 with maf bocsh 4 pin..i bring a maf with 5 pin; can i make some ways to fit it into the car.please help.some people told me yes but i can't find the exact solution fot that biside im afraid to install it in.wrong way and burn some thing shouldnt burn ....thanks

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Check the 4 pin and 5 pin mafs. The pins are numbered A B C D (E). Then look at this website to see how to wire it up: The Corral Tech

Sometimes the 4 pin mafs have only 3 wires connected, what matters is that the wires are connected to the corresponding description, not the corresponding letter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My 146 Ti which has been turbocharged also had a faulty MAF about 18months ago. I bought a complete new unit from Alfa which costed me R2800. A few weeks after that the price dropped to about R900. Check with FGASA send him a PM on the forum with your VIN number maybe it is still so cheap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi every one.good news for maf replacment.put a mass air flow for volvo number 0280217107 bosch maf same shape the original.alfa 146 number is 0280217111...4 pins any way i have a problem with.my alfa 146 for.years in sluggish and bad throttle response when i put a maf for volvo.all.problem.get solved just like a.dream i advice you to try it any way .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts