Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
im curious about water temperature of v6 tb's on highway and on traffic.
Mine stays at 90 c on highway and passes 90 c and stays nearly by the line btween 90 and 130 c.
radiator and thermostat is new, water level stays normal always (just under min.)
I also noticed that if AC is on, the temp stays at 90 c always i think thats because the fan stays on if AC is on.

Thanks for your help

Volkan

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
How about the waterpump? If the impellers are not metal but plastic this may be the problem (impellers were plastic on the 2.5 V6, people change these to the 3.0 V6 ones which have metal impellers). Problem with plastic impellers is that they wear out and melt, reducing water flow round the system. Might be worth asking your dealer to see a waterpump specifically for your engine, to see if it has metal or plastic impellers - just a thought!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My car rarely goes above 90º...and when it passes it only passes to other side of the 90º marker...

A friend of mine with a gtv TB had a similar problem, it was one the connector near the fans was burned and a little melted...He changed it and temp when to normal once again (9oº)...basically one of the fans never switched on

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes, there are two fans, one for the A/C and one for the radiator, so perhaps the one for the radiator is not working well, or the combined output from the 2 fans (when A/C is on) is enough to keep temps normal....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well, one fan is permanently connected to the A/C, and if you switch A/C on then that fan comes on, even if you start up on a cold morning....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok...Maybe I never noticed it because rarely use the A/C...Not a big fan of it...mostly use it during the winter to defog the windows just because its fast...:lol:

of topic: tony_w since u have a TB can you help me on the topic "TB distribution"

Thank you

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ok...Maybe I never noticed it because rarely use the A/C...Not a big fan of it...mostly use it during the winter to defog the windows just because its fast...:lol:

of topic: tony_w since u have a TB can you help me on the topic "TB distribution"

Thank you
I'll have a look......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts