Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a cheap exhaust from ?

I have a hole in the middle box, and the rear box is trying to let go of the tail pipe.

It's the origional system, hence no joints, so I need a full system from the CAT back.

Don't mind whether it is stainless or standard, just so long as it is cheap.

Thanks very much. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you call "cheap". Most tyre and exhaust places will be able to get you a Bosal type mild steel one for about £175-200 fitted.

You could also go for a Powerflex Stainless zorst for £300...the choice is yours.

Welcome to the forum btw ;)

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
btw.....your can buy just the rear section, aftermarket systems are split.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a cat back one piece section from National Tyres for 126 quid.
I think GGB ( think they are now called www.shop4parts.co.uk ) do them cheap. A V6 owner got a cat back for 80 notes recently.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. That is excellent info. :) Cheapest quote I had was £300 for a cheap one.

The National Tyres ones looks very interesting. That was a fitted price then ?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy K said:
Thanks for the replies. That is excellent info. :) Cheapest quote I had was £300 for a cheap one.
That is robbery :tut: ....I was quotes that when the car was two years old, prices have come down dramatically since then.

wrinx

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I haven't had much luck today. :(

Rang national tyres and was quoted for a cat back system,

16v £275
8v 180+175= £355 :eek: :rant:

Rang protyre £215 (bosal)

Will ring a few other places.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Longlife near Bristol (Failand, just off M5) did me a stainless cat back system for my 145 for £320, it would have been £300 if I'd gone for a standard tailpipe. So, if you're looking at spending the best part of £275 for a mild steel system, I'd recommend spending the extra £25 for stainless :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A member here had a Longlife zorst and it fell apart less than a year later. The warranty didn't cover their crappy welding etc etc so he couldn't get it fixed unless he paid.
Hope yours is better.

Andy have you tried the link I put in my first post ???

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
marlon said:
A member here had a Longlife zorst and it fell apart less than a year later. The warranty didn't cover their crappy welding etc etc so he couldn't get it fixed unless he paid.
Hope yours is better.
Really :eek: :eek: :eek: I went to Longlife because I had heard nothing but good things, whereas the powerflow experience seemed to be a bit variable. I guess I'd better check my warranty :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts