Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy says he's selling 'cos Alfa spares are so expensive and so can't afford to fix it. He only needs brake pads (£20 from Halfords), an exhaust (OK, maybe £200) and a few bulbs (peanuts). I think there is something else up with the car. The guy mentions a MASTER KEY. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the skinny bodies don't have an Alfa alarm (mine doesn't), so you don't get a master key for the oldies.
Hmmmmmmmm...........

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was a widebody but the foto isn't very good.....M or N reg???

I've got a master key for the V6 with the early red key (alarm button not integrated) so it should have one methinks.

wrinx

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
It's definately an N reg widebody. Does appear to have some strange alloys on it though.

Must admit, it seemed a bit odd to me that he mentioned the price of Alfa parts, but then proceeded to list only some of the cheapest Alfa-specifc parts that need certainly need replacing.

Anyway, I've mailed him with a barrel-load of questions, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
It's okay Marlon - we'll let you off since it was early on a Sunday morning! wink

Just got a reply from the seller.

It's a 1995 car, and needs;

Battery (£65?),
Front Pads (£35?),
Exhaust not blowing but they 'suspect' some work require (£0 - £200?),
Thermostat (£30?),
Variator (£100?).

That makes a worst-case of about £430. Anyone care to comment?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only that a thermostat for a 16v is about £45, would need to check to be sure and batteries can be bought for about half that so you're about right :D Still a good price so far.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the variators would be changed with the belts. Anyway, at 93K, are the belts not due for replacement again soon anyway ???

(I know nothing about the 16 valvers BTW)

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I may just have an exhaust, a battery, some front pads, a thermostat, a front screen and probably a few other bits and bobs, all from a '95 16v......

Now question is, will I be able to squeeze it on the driveway...hmmm

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
...which means he couldn't believe how much interest he got from it so was going to change the mininmum bid to more than £50! Or, as the listing says, may be closed early on receipt of suitable offer...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts