Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After driving back from a shopping trip i was told that the car was making an awful rattling noise, i started it up and realised that the engine was shot......compltely ! big end and everything else i shouln`t wonder.
Is there a guide to changing an engine on here or anywhere else?, Is it difficult? I am quite (reasonably) competent but not rich! so maybe i`d be better trying to do it myself, however i only have a few std. type tools socket set etc and i do have access to an engine hoist.
The car is a 2.0 Selespeed 156 1999 reg

I am in Staffs so if anyone knows of (an Internet) guide or someone who will take my old engine out and replace it with my newly aquired good engine (obviously for a fee) then i would welcome and advice or help please.
Thankyou!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
if you dont know what your doing dont even bother. get someone who knows what they are doing to do it.
you can keep costs down by buying a second hand engine.
i had the same problem with my alfa.
i got an engine from ebay for £180 from someone breaking theres.
and paid a garrage to fit it. make sure you get the cambelt etc done on your new engine too. you dont want to be back to square one.
if it helps i know silverlake breakers in botley have a 2.0 ts y reg. with 70k. thay want £500 for the engine plus £50 post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts