Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear tail pipe section has finally died and the joining bit behind that doesn't look to have that much life in it any more. |I have found some good original second hand parts on FB GTV City but I need to clarify that the back 2 sections fit all types of GTV before I order, any knowledge really welcome.

Thanks in advance, Tom.

Ps . If i can get to the bottom of a few issues the car will have some paint to return it to its glory days but i don't want to spend lots on an exhaust if i cant resolve the other running issues.

·
Registered
772 Posts
According to eper the tail section is GTV JTS specific, the previous section is GTV/Spider specific, not used on any other Alfas. The original GTV JTS tail pipe ended in a black 'bean can' shape box. I wouldn't have thought Alfa would have made a special section if an already existing section would have fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sensingsys, i have been told by a 2nd hand parts place the exhaust is the same but the ends different. I don't think that makes any different but i know the JTS does emit a lot of carbon and exhaust can build up crud....perhaps why they had a black tip to disguise the massive amount of build up???

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks sensingsys, i have been told by a 2nd hand parts place the exhaust is the same but the ends different. I don't think that makes any different but i know the JTS does emit a lot of carbon and exhaust can build up crud....perhaps why they had a black tip to disguise the massive amount of build up???
Good theory. But they only changed the exhaust tip on the GTV, not the JTS Spider... Alfa logic and all that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts