Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Little bit of an emergo! One of my coil packs failed last night.
I desperately need to remedy today so I was wondering whether there's anybody local to Birmingham that might have a used or new one they'd like to sell.

I really need the car this week and won't have time to sort it any other day.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Hi, is it the same as a 2002 147? I have some spare, in Sutton Coldfield

great name BTW, surprised it's not been taken

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
looks like it is different, as yours is a 2.0, the 1.6 and 1.8 are the same

have you tried Clarkes Auto breakers in Oldbury, or AlfaBase in Tamworth, both really good guys, or Ital Autos in Cannock? He is more likely to have a JTS as it is a bigger place.

HTH

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Hi, thanks for your suggestions.
Do you reckoneoh either of those places will be open today?

Cheers
Clarkes, maybe I've been there on a Sunday before when he was doing an engine swap or something 07580 554160

Alfabase, again worth a try as he lives nearby, although he was short on stock when I was last there

Ital Autos say cal 8am to 8pm on their ebay ad, so worth a try 07932 371966

Clarkes seem to have a 156 facelift on ebay, so maybe in luck

HTH

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
no, regular TS

maybe worth trying my spare and just insulating hole for the secondary lead that goes off to the extra spark plug if all else fails, they look similar according to the shop4parts web picture.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
when I had a misfire it did no harm, god knows how long the previous owner left it like that, although it did disappear when warmed up. Thats how I have a few spare, only needed the one and got all four for £25 off ebay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This particular coil has failed completely. Had to drive it about 4 miles home. The lambda sensor was glowing red because all cylinder 1's fuel was combusting in the manifold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts