Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 2.0 JTDm 2, euro 6, suffers from an irregular idle when cold and just starting to warm up.

No error codes and alle live data seems ok.

Cleaned egr, maf and throttle body, performed a reset on learned value's, relearned maf and egr.

It only happens when the engine is just warming up, coolant gauge still at 0.
All cold start (even at -2 degree celcius) does not pose a problem.

I have heard of a firmware update that could fix this problem. Wrote 3 dealers but no response. Want to update the FW and then have the egr removed along with the throttle plate (I am aware of the plate closing on shutoff).

D, N or A startup does not affect the problem.

MAP is changed for a new one (deviating data and severe polution made me change it).

Does anyone recognize this problem?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only thing that stands out to me is the injection correction on cylinder 2.

Cyl. 1 is -0,29
Cyl. 2 is 1,45
Cyl. 3 is -0,51
Cyl. 4 is 0,64

Bad injector perhaps?

I recently bought the car at 122.000 km.
Compared to my 156 1.9 jtd the fuel consumption dissapponted me, 1:16,5 liter per km average according to the display. Not measured myself yet.

Also sometimes hesitates and stutters on excelleration, sometimes irregular idle.

Perhaps someone is able to check their correction value in multiecuscan?

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
Not sure, ours (CF5) does the same thing. It didn't always done it, but it drives fine and gives great fuel economy still so I haven't been too bothered about fixing it. It is worse in the winter months.

I have already replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the MAF and the MAP sensors with no effect.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here, fresh oil and filters. Just a full service, including gearbox oil and a very dirty fuel filter.

Map was still reading OK (tad low) but it was the gunk of the egr combined with the crankcase breather that made me change it.

I'd like to fix it, have the same mileage as my 156 from 2002.. should be better if you ask me.

How is the warmup period after egr removal?

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
Mine still had EGR so cannot help with that. I do find that having the heater set to more than 3 bars slows the warmup of the engine dramatically.

The EGR could be sticking I suppose, but they are generally pretty reliable on the Giulietta due to the gases being cooled before passing through them.

Might be worth checking for air leaks, split hoses etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leaks are not present, I turn off the heater during these (winter) days for the first 3km's of driving. But the egr does play a part in quicker heatup.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't got the slightest idea... Haha there is no workplace manual available to easily look things up and I haven't looked at it before.

I don't think so though, there is no actuator or option in MES to test / read parameters so I guess not but will check.

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
The 2.0 doesn't have swirl flaps as such, it just has fixed plastic fingers which sit in the intake. They cannot leak, but I suppose they could still get sooted up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts