Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding my 159 2.0 JTDm 170 a bit slow of the mark, you really have to give it some revs, and when its cold it struggles to get going.

Also I have been in limp mode twice, once going very slow, the other going very fast (will get codes in the next few days).

Anyway I rang a tuning company to enquire about a remap, and if its worth getting the DPF removed, I was told that the 2.0 engines suffer just as bad as the 1.9's.. Is this true ? I know the EGR is not so bad but I am guessing the DPF is similar??

Anyway all in with my previous customer discount I was quoted £500.

My car has done 119k now (its a 2011), so is it worth getting the DPF & EGR removed or shall I just got with a remap?

TIA,
Mark

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Not true, don't get me wrong, they still suffer from issues, but not to the same level.
The DPF is closer to the engine, so runs hotter, reducing issues with regens. The EGR is also a new design, has a built in cooler (reducing temperature of gasses going back into the engine and designed to reduce the rate of failure.
Having said that, it still puts crap through the manifold, and dumps fuel down the exhaust to perform a regen, so I would still get rid!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
39,589 Posts
I would wait and get the codes read an the issues fixed before going for the remap.

Personally I would keep the DPF but get the EGR blanked and turned off.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Agree with Symon, get any issues sorted first. A remap may hide them, but not resolve them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
Most good remap companies will do a system read and report to you before they put the map onto the vehicle. The service I had from Celtic tuning was nothing short of excellent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts