Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

My lovely 2.0 Diesel Giulietta started stuttering this morning after 20mins of traffic driving. Fuel consumption has shot up from 40 mpg to 34 mpg and the power is not as smooth.

Stutters between 800 and 1200 revs. Total mileage is 12,500.

Dealer says I need to wait for it to get worse or until an engine error code appears.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Many Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, they said drive it until the engine check light comes on as there are no fault codes up on it yet. So basically I have to wait for it to get worse.

I am thinking the Exhaust Gas Valve might be playing up, but surely not on a 10 month old car with relatively low mileage.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I doubt it's that, it's a totally different design on your engine to the EGR valves of old and I've never heard of a problem with one.

Could be some bad fuel, or has it been doing it for ages?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubt its the fuel.

Used the same major motorway garage since new and it had driven 150 miles on my last fill before the stuttering started.

It does feel likes it is down on one cyinder and would it make you think if it was a petrol engine with a missing spark plug. However over 2000 rpm becomes smooth again.

Fuel injector problem?

Strange that no fault codes have appeared.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, what let someone else drive my baby? I was in the passenger seat for the first time when the Alfa mechanic took her for a test drive. It felt awful. I never want to feel this pain again...

Nope I havent mixed the fuel up. Maybe its just a faulty injector. Still no warning light on even though it sounds like a bag of spanners...

Has anyone any simple ideas or checks that I can do to see if I can point Alfa in the right direction?

Greg

·
Registered
245 Posts
My old mazda was the same and I found that knocking it out of gear and flooring the throttle on and off cleared the problem...I was told this by Mazda :) it might just be some dirt in the fuel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts