Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know its the wrong forum but you have plenty of twin sparks out there.
Ive got a 164 TS which revs fine when no load but when I take it for a spin it gets to about 3.5K revs then not a lot of anything. Ive swopped the coil units, no difference, ive disconnected the coil units and run on one at a time, no difference, ive took the top of the maf unit and it seems to be working ok (definately runs better when its plugged in)

Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Did you check the oil level? Sounds like either low on oil, or the variator is knackered. It might be worth it to checck the fuel filter also, that gave similar problems to me once, though only at about 5k RPM

Regards,
Steven

·
Registered
37 Posts
sounds potentially like a fuel starvation problem. my track 75 will not run properly with less than half a tank of fuel due to (i think) the internal fuel pump having failed. I think this is like a feeder pump to avoid surge problems. When the car was on the road it did it to a lesser degree but felt very much like a lack of power under load as the revs built up

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do 8v twinnies have variators, if so where is it and whats it look like?
reason I ask, is it was pretty low on oil when it started running crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts