Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my red 1750 for a week now and impressions are :

Performance : satisfying to say the least , especially in DNA dynamic mode. Feels nimble fast and not loose on the road. Maybe because lighter and more nimble in gear acceleration seems better than my previous 159 2.4 JTDM . Pulls beautifully even in 6th gear, and 4th is amazing ,overtaking should be a breeze in most cases.
Ride : Suspension is firm yet smooth and compliant , perfect. Seats seem a bit uncomfortable , especially after a hour in traffic , maybe I will get used to them.
Quality : already rattle in drivers seat, seams to be common problem and fixed myself in 10 min, other than this no issues "yet".
Economy : bumper to bumper traffic to work and back , and obviously whenever i get the chance , open the flood gates has returned ave 10/100km , not bad at all considering the performance.

What i miss about the 159 : the 159 was a more comfortable place to be ,however the QV is more exciting and seems to be assembled better , in fact the drive and lack of "noises, squeeks, and firmness of everything I have not felt since my 156 2,0 which i still consider one of the best cars Alfa's have ever built.

Currently I Look forward to every opportunity to drive.

Regards

Carl

·
Registered
329 Posts
:thumbs: Thanks Carl...this is what I need to hear seeing that i'm seriously considering one.

What wheels have you got on it?, the 17's or 18's (just wondering because you said it feels firm yet compliant)

How did you fix the seat rattle?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 17' wheels (telephone dial style ) and they look great and are easy to clean.

The rattle in the seat is caused by Alfa not spending a extra 50c to glue a piece of foam between the seat brace and leather backing of seat (easily accessible by unzipping the back of seat) . instead they chose to simple put the piece of foam in and hope that forces of nature will hold it in place.

P

·
0 Posts
Jip seat rattle is easy to fix. I have 49 780'kms on my Giulietta (believe its the most miles covered in a Giulietta on this forum). No seat rattle, no serious issues at all. Only problem was the cut boost pipe which took 10min to diagnose and less than 24 hours to fix.

I truly believe the Giulietta is the car that saved Alfa from extinction. Over 150 000 sold since its launch. Most successful hatchback ever for Alfa...

Now me and Stefaans are working on something for my G!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
good review.im thinking of buy this car and install LPG, but I hear that these new engines are not as inspiring as previous. Does this engine can handle the power well? any turbo lag? the sound is good? its not a V6 turbo.... :( I wanted to in the future kitt +300 hp thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks for the review!
Post some pics...
I hope your ride stays rattle and trouble free, and that many GTI's become fearfull of your LED tail lights!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Good info on this review thanks carl, although i dont know if i can agree with you on the better assembled department, i stripped and assembled both these cars down to the bones as i can tell you that the 159 is far ahead in terms of fit,finish, reinforcement and quality of materials used.

Maybe yours was a monday car??

Regardless im happy to hear another alfa satifies the acquired taste that is alfa romeo and i must say the 1750 is a awesome motor :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts