Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just put a s/s exhaust on. any other non expensive bhp upgrades out there ?? she quick but a little more responce never goes amiss. only had her 6 mthns so shes a s i got her bar the exhaust.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I suppose the usual....

Aftermarket matched manifolds
Platinum/Iridium spark plugs (more efficient spark than anything else)
Air filter
Cat back exhaust system
remap etc etc.

You wont realise the full potential of any modifications without a proper remap though as fueling will change according to airflow - air filters/exhausts all change it, an engine will self learn to an extent....But not give the proper gains without the fueling curve and remapped parameters to match it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how muuch are re-maps ?? is it the same as a chip. can you remap or chip. i dunno ?? ha ha

·
Registered
246 Posts
You cannot remap the pre 2001 build V6 ECU's, they have to be rechipped. Remapping is the modern version of chipping - you don't do both (ok there is a scenario where you do, but for the majority this is true).
The output from the mapping is comparable whether its done via a remap of the existing EPROM or whether the data has been burnt onto a new chip and welded in.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I have Squadra ECU and 45mm intake runners. This increases low down torque, higher up BHP and deeper engine sound - but not cheap at about €550 but well worth it and would work even better with a good exhaust

·
Registered
253 Posts
Clovertech does cams for the V6, a proper inducton kit, head revisions, custom exhaust (to match your requirements) and the map.

How much power and torque you can gain depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rolling road remap or chip circa £400 ish

I have used Squadra too for other Alfa's, much better than BBR.

If you can do without your car for a few days go Squadra, assuming you have a car Alfanige cant do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts