Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i've just had to replace my rusted brake lines from the bulkhead back because at the time the flaring tool i had wouldn't grip the steel lines. Just been trying to bleed the system, got nothing at the rear so went to the the fronts, which bled perfectly. Back to the rear and nothing, the pedal stays firm. I'm guessing i have an air lock in the ABS unit? Gonna try and see if my Delphi diagnostics tool will cycle the ABS. I'm just going to try and bleed with the ignition on and see if it'll bleed with the ABS pump running.
Thanks for any advice,
Guy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn, looks like i'm gonna have to cycle the ABS somehow as its a Bosch 5.3 which generic software like my delphi wont do! :( I bet its just a case of grounding or supplying one of the wires on the module plug too. Question is of course, which one!
Guy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I have an idea! what I could do is do the get the front up off the ground, with the brake calipers unbolted and blocks between the pads, have it idling in gear and bleed the rear brakes like that! Hopefully it'll be fooled into thinking that the rears have locked up. Job for tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts