Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have managed to remove the airbag ecu. by all accounts i should be able to plug in a kkl lead with a 3 pin adapter into a port to read the codes and hopefully clear them. but for the life of me i cannot find it. i thought it might be on the ecu but its not nor can i find anything nearby to its location in the car.

thasnks for your help

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Its attached to a metal cover under the carpet of the rear cubby hole compartment. If you have electric roof there is also a connector for that ecu there as well afaik (i have manual roof so can't vouch for that)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Are you sure its a phase 1 - given its 1999 would suggest ph2 possibly ? If so it would be the 16pin connection at the dash fusebox.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you sure its a phase 1 - given its 1999 would suggest ph2 possibly ? If so it would be the 16pin connection at the dash fusebox.
i have been told its a phase 1 but is there anyway of confirming from the chassis number?

on investigation it may well be a phase 2 i have body colour sills and bumpers and a chrome surround on the grill

·
Registered
818 Posts
The airbag ecu connection is fairly obvious on a ph1 - if you have removed the ecu I think you would have spotted it. Take the cover off the fusebox at the steering wheel and see if the 16pin eobd connection is there.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i have been told its a phase 1 but is there anyway of confirming from the chassis number?

on investigation it may well be a phase 2 i have body colour sills and bumpers and a chrome surround on the grill
Easist way to tell is centre console. Black (quite a few have been repainted silver tho) +2rectangular air vents on top =phase 1

Silver +3 circular air vents on top = phase 2 and 3

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easist way to tell is centre console. Black (quite a few have been repainted silver tho) +2rectangular air vents on top =phase 1

Silver +3 circular air vents on top = phase 2 and 3
thanks for this you are right its a phase 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts