Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work this morning and the injector warning light came on.
I pulled over and checked the hand book which did not help at all. I re started the car and it had gone out, after driving for about 10 miles it came back on again, it did not seem to have any side affects with the running of the car.
Anyway I got to work and thought nothing more of it. I drove it for another 60 miles or so and it did not come up again.
On my way home there was no sign of the light until there was a downpour of rain and the outside weather temperature dropped suddenly (below 3oC) and the light came on again (still no side affects) and went off again when the temp went up.

Any Thoughts?

Now I am about to get the cam belt variator and an oil change done at a cost of about £500 ish, can anyone tell me if this injector light is terminal and I should save my money and put it in to something else?
please bear in mind the colour of my car is aqua achillie (powderpuff blue) so this will have to factor in any decission LOL!! :)

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
It could mean almost anything!
I won't be terminal if the engine is still running.

Just get it connected to the Examiner (the official diag system) when it is in the garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention I filled up at sainsburys for the first time yesterday I don't know if this is anything to do with it.
I have only had the car a couple of weeks but have not had this light up before. Any help would be appreciated.:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
As I said, it could be anything.
It will have recorded an error code, so it is best to see those before you start randomly replacing bits that may well be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Thanks for that, its going in to Optima (Wooton Bassett Swindon) on Thursday, Ill ask them to check before they start doing the cam belt etc. I

1 - 5 of 5 Posts