Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, posting on here in the hope that some one may be able to help, my Boss has a lovely 155 that has been in storage for a number of years and consequently the battery went dead, he has replaced the battery but unfortunately there would appear to be an issue with the immobiliser being on and will not turn off.
He has lost the grey master key and only has one of the red keys and the alarm blip, basically ignition turns on, fuel pump runs, engine cranks but will not fire, Immobiliser light is on, as far as Im aware the vehicle is fitted with the Bosch motronic 1.7 ecu and has the yellow immobiliser unit up under the dash, I have done a search on here and we have tried a few different things mentioned in various threads but to no avail.
If anyone can help it would be amazing as hes really keen to ressurect his Alfa and get it ready for next summer to finally enjoy

Thanks in advance

Tris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, have just had a look at the 155, I have four relays under the bonnet near the battery, only two of the four are clicking in when the ignition is switched on, I have switched feeds at the 2 ignition amps and the two coils, I have perm live and switched live at the yellow immob box under the dash and an earth, I have perm lives at the engine control unit plug BUT I have no switched live?, When the ignition is turned to the on position the Immobiliser light comes on solid and stays on, The abs light comes on and goes out, I haven't got an injection/management light coming on though so could this be the issue causing the engine not to start? also something else that's weird is that the fuel pump runs permanently the minute you swith the ignition on, Is this right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, all the info I come across on line doesn't seem to match the car as far as fuse / relay locations go.
Cheers
Tris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts