Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Currently battling with my 145 trying to get it ready for MOT, ridiculous amount of work to do, i don't reckon this car's had a non-fake MOT in at least 3 years.

The front end's all finished, but upon inspecting the rear, the four subframe mountings are all perished cracked and falling apart, no way they'll pass inspection, I don't want 'em looking like that anyway, and I can't find replacements through my normal parts suppliers.

Does anyone know where I can get a full set of them? Part numbers? Are they unique to 145? Please don't tell me they're integral with the subframe and I'll have to replace the whole thing!

Any help appreciated, including hints if you've done this job before.. Thanks in advance!

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Self-help

I have now learned the subframe mounts are indeed integral with the subframe (or 'axle carrier' if you prefer) but there's no way i'm spending £402.50 :cheese: on a new subframe for it, so i'll have to bodge a solution. The Punto crowd have an 'upgrade' for their rear mounts that consists of a metal cup that fits over the entire mounting, clamping the bolt firmly to the subframe effectively making the existing rubber mount simply a centring device, unfortunately they are way too small to be used on this car, but i hope to devise a similar solution. It'll be a subframe-off job though. If this car wasn't Italian and quite rare i'd have pushed it into the docks by now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts