Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
i have just bought the above and am v. happy BUT after only one play the CD player will not accept CD's > it worked fine on the first one and ejected the CD fine . the car is under warranty but i was just wondering what anyone had to comment on this ????:)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1993!!!! are you sure!!! :lol: ... you could try a CD head cleaner, but tbh if it's under warranty you might as well take it back

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
a 93' 156 huh?
If there is a modfication to be able to use the CD changer part of the stereo to use to accept an mp3 then this overrides playing CDs. Involves looping out two connections on the back of the CD player. Unlikely to be this though if it played a CD once.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Built-in or extra multi-disc player?

Normal CD or MP3 tracks? Latter is unlikely to play on an older unit.

PS They didn't start making 156's until 1997 ... ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello

yep 2003 !!!
the garage are gonna fix the CD player (yep its just the CD player no multi player ) > the salesman says oh it may not be the same colour >> what !!! nutter !!!!!!!

anyways <<... feedback please... >> i was out driving the beast today and it occurred to me that it was quite noisy > the engine was quite noisy > exhaust ??? and there was quite a bit of road noise from the wheels particularly the front > i havent owned an alfa before so i dont know what i should expect >> ???

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
yep 2003 !!!
the garage are gonna fix the CD player (yep its just the CD player no multi player ) > the salesman says oh it may not be the same colour >> what !!! nutter !!!!!!!

anyways <<... feedback please... >> i was out driving the beast today and it occurred to me that it was quite noisy > the engine was quite noisy > exhaust ??? and there was quite a bit of road noise from the wheels particularly the front > i havent owned an alfa before so i dont know what i should expect >> ???
Road noise is all down to the tyres, some are louder than others ... as for the exhaust, well that's all a bit subjective, get under the car and have a look at it (did they give you a new MOT when you bought the car? was it an advisory???)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep new MOT and a service > no comments re exhaust from the MOT ...... also what sort of milage should i be expecting ? AND !! is anything to be gained from using the higher octane unleaded petrol?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mileage as in MPG > looks like its gonna be about 300 for £50 of gas !!! how does that sound....

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
mileage as in MPG > looks like its gonna be about 300 for £50 of gas !!! how does that sound....
You haven't said which engine it's got ... presume it's a 2.0 JTS in which case that is probably about average, obviously depending on how you drive it ...

edit that's just under 30 mpg ...

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Check the flexi pipe at the end of the downpipe ... they can start to blow there ...

As you have the 2003 model don't expect a cheap replacement unless you can get a new flexi piece welded in .. it's part of the front pipe which includes the two extra cats!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Underneath the car for the flexi, After 2 front cats and before main cat.

Ipod lead would be connected to back of stereo, need to pull out stereo with stereo prongs to check

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where can i get the prongs from > I have an iPod and was wondering how to connect it without using an FM transmitter ???

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Halfords or any motor factors will have them. You can use a 3.5mm jack connection, as mentioned it takes out the CD changer function, apart from that it's pretty simple. I got mine off eBay. You need to loop two pins out alright, but that simple by just using a paperclip or some wire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts