Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
I found this lovely 164 cloverleaf for sale .I drive a 99 166 ts and a 2012 1.3 diesel mito but ı always wanted a v6 .166 will be sold if ı buy this it has 250000 km on the clock .I had 94 164 ts before the 166 .The 166 did not make happy after the 164. 166 nice car but not built as well.So what do you think?Would any one do this or am I blinded by the cloverleafs charm?

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi to all,
I found this lovely 164 cloverleaf for sale .I drive a 99 166 ts and a 2012 1.3 diesel mito but ı always wanted a v6 .166 will be sold if ı buy this it has 250000 km on the clock .I had 94 164 ts before the 166 .The 166 did not make happy after the 164. 166 nice car but not built as well.So what do you think?Would any one do this or am I blinded by the cloverleafs charm?
BUY IT NOW

Do not hesitate - the QV is special
So much more than any other 164
Get back some of the Alfa 'magic' they gave away with the 166

Don't mention the Germans

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Rare. Rare. Rare! Half-decent 164s are extremely hard to come by these days. They take a bit of loving but are very rewarding at the same time - especially in QV form! Go for it and enjoy!

Reactions: 4stringalfisti

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Give it a good looking-over and ask questions about service history. Certainly, from the little that can be seen in the photos it looks tidy. Remember some spares for 164s are almost impossible to obtain now. In particular, Cloverleaf dampers are hard to get - as are hydraulic timing belt tensioners and rear subframes. I agree with the others though. Unless it is a complete "dog", you're unlikely to get many more chances!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I will buy it .I have been talking to the seller .The car is Imported from İtaly .İ have ben driving Alfa's since 25 years.I got a very good mechanic.I don't care what happens İt will be a classic .I deserve a car like this.Will update all soon as I buy the car.The only thing which bothers me is it had a LPG conversation .Will see....Thanks for the support guys...Best wishes to you all.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You know it makes sense! :thumbup:

As far as I'm aware, all 164s (even early ones) had very hard valve seats. Hopefully, the LPG conversion won't have done any harm.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Congrats, enjoy it! They're great cars :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts