Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Im looking for a set of front struts and twin downdrafts with manifolds for my 33.The previous owner sold the twin carbs and fitted a single 36dcd weber.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks.Jono.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys.
Im looking for a set of front struts and twin downdrafts with manifolds for my 33.The previous owner sold the twin carbs and fitted a single 36dcd weber.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks.Jono.
more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are some front struts available on Ebay uk and I have seen carbs, sometimes sensible prices and some times stupid. But I do not know about getting them to Cape town. Also Ebay Italy also has 33 parts often listed. I have a set of downdraft pipes and filter box spare but not sure on shipping to cape town will do if it helps.

Nice car same year and model as my sons but with out the rust form UK roads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnpm1967... Hi buddy.Please can you send me a price for the twin downdrafts...Will it come with the 2 manifolds that sit between the carbs and the heads?..Pls also find out a courrier cost to Cape Town, South Africa.
Kind regards,
Jono.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
The list of parts that differ from single to twin carb is quite long - throttle and choke cables, throttle bar between both carbs, the alternator sits in a different location, most coolant pipes except the lower rad pipe are different, thermostat, etc. You might need to check carefully what was changed when the PO went to single carb.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found a brilliant guy in Greece that is sourcing the parts for me.His name is Thanassis.Very helpfull and knows his stuff.He even called me in SA and we spoke for almost an hour.Website is called Alfa Restoration online shop.Ill keep you posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Excellent. I just got some prices for the filter box and pipes to be shipped. Between £70-90. Seems alot. Let me know how you get on Sounds like this guy is good and may be able to to shipping cheaper as bulk order. Hope you get what you need.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts