Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And is when I was last an Alfa owner. A lovely black Sprint Veloce with a brown velour interior. :inlove:
What a magnificent engine!
What a pig of a job changing the front brake pads was!
Naturally it eventually biodegraded before my eyes and a long period in hot hatches of French and German provenance followed.
It's a joy to find a hotbed of enthusiasm such as this as I'm currently dipping a tentative toe back in the (Italian) water and am trying to decide between a TT Coupe and a GTV. The car will be used for a 75 mile round trip commute 3 or 4 times a week and needs to take a 4 yr old in the back on the odd occasion. What do you think? Have Alfas managed to retain the flair and passion which they always had whilst gaining enough reliability to do battle with the dastardly hun?
Cheers guys, nice to be here...:D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO :) Get the GTV, you won't regret it

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome mate, and that is a long time to go without.

In answer to your questions, Yes! Mine does a 60 mile commute every day, and has done for the past year with nary a peep. My Mondeo that i had before did worse (rear brake balance valves exploding is extremely unfunny at the time!)

Is it the V6 or the 2.0 TS or JTS you are thinking of? The V6 is a honey :inlove: and just makes you smile. and develop a lead foot and roller bearing ankle! Mind you, the 2.0 does that too.

Either way, you will be pleasantly surprised, if the silver one on the left is anything to go by! :D

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Hi and Welcome to AO!

I guess the fact the TT is only a 2 seater may swing it??
Regardless, the GTV (V6 if you can afford one) will make those 70 miles fly by. Will get your 4 year old smiling too!!

Mine used to do a 75 round trip daily. Still miss her...:cry:

:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TT Coupe has 2 rear seats, but sticker on tailgate advises that they should not be occupied by anyone taller than 4'11"...so I think our 4 yr old should just about squeeze in there!

·
Administrator
60,074 Posts
Hi neonwarhead, glad you joined up. 4 years old get bigger, you might want to go for the larger alfa:) Good luck with your hunt:)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, get the GTV and enjoy life :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same issue with the TT. Rear seats are really not suitable for growing children... believe me, blink and your 4 yr old will be a 9 yr old. I went for a GT in the end and the car seats fit fine in the back. Go for the Alfa, you won't regret it. Welcome btw...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome.

I had a black Sprint with the Brown velour. Mine also had a black vinyl roof and a cloth sunroof. It was a joy on a sunny day.:cool:
Of course it had the same rust sickness. Very sad.:(

Here's a piccy.
:cry: :cry:

Sorry(sniff).Go for the GTV!!

:)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts