Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I are on a mission. We decided #$%^ these newer models we have, his 2.5 156, and my 2.0 147 Cloverleaf:lol: and rather focus on our older more refined models like his 1985 2.0 GTV and after that one my 1985 2.0 Guilietta exec.

To give you all some history, the GTV was bought standard, then crashed after some heavy drinking and a love affair with a pole...then resprayed Alfa Red, MOMO's refurbished, interior left standard and the 2.0 completely reworked!

Over the years the Motor's crank gave in...so the GTV had to stand as no money was available to fix it, and then 6 years later its still standing, some rust, bumpers missing strips, interior mollested by a stray cat:tut: etc.

Well tomorrow we are starting with the project...he will go see the spray painter to start with stripping and preparing the body, I'll start sorting parts up here in Gauteng and surrounding areas, then we NEED to source the motor...preferably under R5000...we have no budget but everything needs to be cheap but of good quality, not cheap but bairganny!

Well we told ourselves if we do it together, moneywise, the car should be complete by the end of winter!

We are looking at Alfa Red again, 17" split wheels, Bucket seats in front, recovered interior, new prop, lowered front suspension, and off course, the newish motor!

Everything cleaned up .....

Wish us good luck fellas...how difficult could it be right?:thumbs:

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Good luck with that..... Chat to Kevin Rascher for GTV bits..... and he may know where to source a good motor as well.... PM me if you want details Lance !!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good Luck!!!! Started restoring my 84 GTV 2.0 2 years ago, thinking that it would be an easy project. Still trying to find a panelbeater with the courage to take on the project as the car was in a major smash many years ago ( nobody in the Alfa injured ) but was written of by the insurers and bought back fom the insurance and fixed on the cheap, which seems to have become a lasting legacy. The motor has done about 485.000km and needs no attention, since starting the project the prop has been sorted as has the gearbox and braking and suspension issues have also been sorted. The only hiccups are the bodywork as mentioned and trying locate the original fabric for the rework of the interior. NIL DESPERADO CARBORRUNDUM (Dont let them grind you down):D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts