Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, I was up for buying it. Arrived at the sellers house only to be told he had already sold it via E bay........but had neglected to tell me:vs_unimpressed:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheeler dealers sud

You were lucky not to buy it !

I inspected this car two years ago at the wheeler dealers studio and went over the car from top to bottom, firstly this car had been in a crash which you can see looking at the chassis legs / inner wings and it was not pretty underneath also but !!! amazingly it looks good in the programme with new paintwork, all that glitters is not necessarily gold.

The £15k S3 Ti on ebay looks good, if it has been restored correctly it should be far better than the wheeler dealers car but you really need to spend two hours looking over one on a car ramp underneath especially in every single corner to realise you are not buying one hiding any nasties, for far loo long they have been bodged especially with filler when prices were far lower than now.

Sadly every single part of a sud or sprint can rust terribly from inside out as all but the latest sprint 1.7s have foam filled box sections including chassis legs with no paint inside them meaning by the time you see the corrosion appearing it will have a large and expensive bill to repair, hope you find a good one but please make sure you spend as long as you can inspecting every single inch especially from below with a torch

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats interesting, AlfaSud Sprint and thanks for the good advice. You would have thought Wheelers Dealers would have been upfront with their assessment of the car. The 15k one was originally 20k and has been on sale for about a year now. It looks immaculate but 15k for me is still too high. Closer to 10k and I would snap it up. There are a couple of others on sale at the moment that seem to be having trouble moving, so you are probably right .....in that inspection is making people walk due to issues being picked up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thats interesting, AlfaSud Sprint and thanks for the good advice. You would have thought Wheelers Dealers would have been upfront with their assessment of the car. The 15k one was originally 20k and has been on sale for about a year now. It looks immaculate but 15k for me is still too high. Closer to 10k and I would snap it up. There are a couple of others on sale at the moment that seem to be having trouble moving, so you are probably right .....in that inspection is making people walk due to issues being picked up.
You would not trust anything off that tv show!!
How they could air a show with them both driving down the road, stating how much better the brakes were after Ed had done his magic, then show it clearly skewing side way as the rear n/s wheel locks up beats me.
I am sure the car could be sorted into a good car, but they didn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts