Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...I have a lovely 1970 1750 Berlina with a non operative speedo...any idea of the set up ?
By the way..it's for sale if anyone is interested...can send pics.
Cheers
APIAS

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well there is a speedo cable that runs from the gearbox - that is first place to start. Disconnect, leave cable in cabin then go for a quick drive, if it spins, your issue is in the instrument head. If not it's cable or drive.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well there is a speedo cable that runs from the gearbox - that is first place to start. Disconnect, leave cable in cabin then go for a quick drive, if it spins, your issue is in the instrument head. If not it's cable or drive.
Unfortunately when it comes to alfas it may not be as easy as that, my speedo stopped working so I did as you suggest I disconnected the speedo cable from the instrument went for a drive and the cable spun, I then connected it back, then disconnected the cable from the gearbox and used a cordless drill on it and the speedo worked, head scratching at this moment I connected every thing back went for another drive, speedo didn't work, I was about to give up, but I had a new spare speedo cable and fitted it, speedo works now.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The cable runs very close to the exhaust so its worth checking there to make sure the outer hasn't melted or all the lube has evaporated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts