Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Glad to find a group like this to post/chat with. I've owned 3 other alfas through the years, 2 1969 GTV's and a 71 spider. All were great cars and due to having to sell my last GTV when I had young kids and limited garage space I've allways wanted to get another one. I had been watching these cars appreciate at an alarming rate several years back and was concerned that if I hesitated, they would become less available at a reasonable price. As such, I made a hasty bid on Ebay for a 66 giulia gt about 3 years ago. Wouldn't you know it, I won the car. Since it was only in San Francisco, and I am in the Oakland area east bay, I went and picked it up. Of course it wasn't the rust free original jem that had been advertised.. There was major rust in the floors, rockers, jacking points and the interior was shot. As I drove it home, I was also made aware of a bunch of leaks, fuel tank, engine oil, name it.... The engine wasn't a 1600, but a 1750, which I wasn't too mad about, as I think its a better motor, and I never intend to show or keep the car original anyway... bought it to drive it. Well, it's been a heck of a project, New fuel tank, Rebuild the whole engine and trans, new leather interior, new floors, new rockers and sills, new 5000 paint job, rebuild the front end and shocks, new later model door stops, all new rubber, new wiper motor and major electrical work, oh yeah, an exhaust system, and I'm almost there.. Its' a good thing my wife is understanding....This car is kind of interesting as it has some wierd alfa mille miglia wheels on it which I have not seen anywhere else. Maybe someone in the group can give some insights into those.. Also would love to find a 5th for the spare if such a thing exists. Well, I may have a $20,000 GT stepnose here but damn it... I'm livin my college memories again.

Best Regards,
eric johnson
[email protected]

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts