·
Registered
24,536 Posts
vile.

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 16 made in '62. Loads of other 421 Ponts available - Catalinas etc.

Twin four-barrel carb version kicked out over 400 bhp in 1962 - essentially a race engine.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Only 16 made in '62. Loads of other 421 Ponts available - Catalinas etc.

Twin four-barrel carb version kicked out over 400 bhp in 1962 - essentially a race engine.
Still not a cool car.
Rare, fast (i presume) and very powerful for 1962, but that does not make it cool.

The only thing about this car which does save it from being "seriously uncool" is the fact that it's certainly a "sleeper" of a car. Sleepers can't be seriously uncool.

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Unsurprisingly I absolutely love that. My love of 60s Chevy 2-doors carries over to other 60s GM 2-doors. Whether it's cool I'm not absolutely sure.

To use Jim's system

+ massive powerful V8 with all the goodness that brings, pillarless 2-door styling
- You might get people asking why you didn't buy a GTO

I shall consider it further.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
It's a 60s Pontiac, it's got an enormously powerful (by 60s standards) V8.

Can't be anything but sub-zero!

Whatever happened to that divisional president who did so much to revive Pontiac's fortune with cars like this & the GTO, Firebird, etc? John de something or other. . .

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Good example of how the camera can lie, and a car can only be fairly judged on it's looks 'in person'; the first two photos make it look ugly, the third one nice (imo).
I agree with Giorget2 that a 'sleeper' or 'wolf in sheep's clothing' car is quite cool in general.
Not having seen one other than in a photo I go for a guarded 'cool'.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
When the back is longer than the front you know something is very wrong.

Uncool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts