Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola UK Alfa lovers,

The US Alfa forum is trying to find information concerning a 1929 Alfa Romeo 6c 1750 that I have currently for sale from a seller in the south of France (I am a broker). The car has been rebodied and there is ample information and pictures available on the car but we are having a bit of a problem tracking the car's history. The car chassis apparently was owned by an English gentleman and I have copied and edited for easier reading some information from that forum here.

Does anyone know anything about this car?
If you require more information either because you are curious, or want to buy the car, or/and help us find out more on the history please let me know and I will forward info at once.

Here is some of what we know so far. Again, more info is available should anyone request it.

In the Fusi/Slater book 0312955 was owned in 1968 by D. O. Howell of Suffolk, England, registration no. YC7738, 3-str drophead coupe by James Young

A 1967 typewritten list agrees with this information. It shows D.O. Howell of New House, Polstead, Colchester, Essex, England with the following notations:

Type: 1750s
Bodywork: James Young DHC
Engine #: 0312955
Chassis #: 0132955
Regn. #: YC 7738

This list was typed in the age where a capital "I" was used for the number 1; and the 3 page document typed on both sides of legal paper used landscape as opposed to portrait, is entitled: ALFA ROMEO SECTION of the V.S.C.C.

Look forward to hearing from someone and in exploring your site.

Cheers,

Kelly Dietrick

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Hello Kelly, welcome to AO :) Post your query in the 'Classic Alfa Romeos' section, you may have more luck there.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi Kelly
I have a picture of Ch No. 0312953, which is a James Young 4 seater.
3rd series was the first 1750, originally no supercharger. Production listed as 238 total.
YC 7738 is a UK Somerset registration number, threw my books away years ago, but its possible to date it, although not conclusive.
You probably know this already. Have you found anyone with Fusi's book?
Keith

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO...good luck with your search....:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Kelly
I have a picture of Ch No. 0312953, which is a James Young 4 seater.
3rd series was the first 1750, originally no supercharger. Production listed as 238 total.
YC 7738 is a UK Somerset registration number, threw my books away years ago, but its possible to date it, although not conclusive.
You probably know this already. Have you found anyone with Fusi's book?
Keith
I actually talked to the church recorder today from Polestead. Apparently Mr. Howell moved from the village in 2000. He is going to help me track him down. Hopefully we can find him and inquire further on 955. Someone in our forum actually speculated that what is in the books as 955 may actually have been 953. I'm not quite sure how that went because it is late and I am tired but I will pick this up again tomorrow - in the Classic Section. Thanks again for your response.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there & Welcome ! :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts