Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe - just maybe ;) - it was my fault. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the road being damp while waiting to turn right to join a busy main road this morning.

Gap appeared in the traffic, so I accelerated... and the 190's inside right wheel did a Wheely Skid. A Wheely Skid, I tell thee. It practically lifted its skirt and flashed its knickers for all to see like some cheap hussy! Oh, the shame! But I gave it a stern warning - do that again and you'll be straight down the Taxi rank doing the Heathrow run with all the other knackered old Mercs.

Honestly. I blame the parents. :biglaugh:

Reactions: 73GTVJim

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
There is no dignity to be had in the 90s FWD turbo world. Though it doesn't torque steer quite as much in the wet.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but at least you have some power to play with, Keithy! I've just got loads of...slowness. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
My old Carltons used to slip and slide all over the shop when I exited a left uphill junction from work.

Amusing after the initial horror.:biglaugh:

You don't now seem to get those thrills with all the drivers aids turn on by default.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:lol:

Naughty g

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Like what my old '56 Merc220A was on the slip roads on and off the Han/Ham A Bahn,( all cobbles like :D ) back in the 60's winter months.

So did me' issued Ferret with it's 4x4, so the Merc got an Xcuse me with no scolding? :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts