Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly looking at buying a set of the WSP Italy W251 gunmetal wheels (159 Ti reps) but the one thing i'm struggling to find is if the 19's fit over the standard Brembo's on the Brera or 159 (assuming it's the same setup on some 159's)

I've searched and found a few people that have had no problems with the 18" versions fitting ok but not the 19" version (also not found anyone saying they don't though...)

As far as i'm aware the spokes are flat at the back so would I be safe in assuming that worst case it's nothing a set of 5-10mm spacers wouldn't sort?

·
Registered
5 Posts
G´day calum001,

I have the 19inches WSP 251 gun metal on my Brera with the Brembo calipers, no problem at all, go for it you won't regret it.

The thing is, there is veeeeeeery little space between the spoke of the wheel and the calipers, but it fit perfectly, it's just scary the first time you see it ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G´day calum001,

I have the 19inches WSP 251 gun metal on my Brera with the Brembo calipers, no problem at all, go for it you won't regret it.

The thing is, there is veeeeeeery little space between the spoke of the wheel and the calipers, but it fit perfectly, it's just scary the first time you see it ;)
excellent thanks for letting me know :thumbs:

even the standard 18's are only mm's away from the calipers! i'm planning on running 10mm spacers anyway but just wanted to confirm that they do fit without

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now that is close :eek:

only a couple of mm different to standard though as above and with a 10mm spacer they should sit pretty well

went to order them but WSP Italy are out of stock of the gunmetal set until mid august :cry:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Make sure 10, mm spacer with 5 longer wheel bolts results 0,5++ kilo per wheel front at least.
19'er WSP Cannes ( 251 ) fits to 13, kilo.
Seach for lighter.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have "slightly" more room than that on the OE ones.
That is definitely a lot closer than OEM. I wonder if they will clear the red TI Brembos with them being coated in red, will add more thickness to the caliper.....

On eBay mangoletsi list some 19" Ti repros, and they state in their listing that they won't fit Brembo, equipped models but I don't know if they are WSP wheels or not...

Either way, if you are gonna be running 10mm spacers you should be fine. :thumbs:

CS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure 10, mm spacer with 5 longer wheel bolts results 0,5++ kilo per wheel front at least.
19'er WSP Cannes ( 251 ) fits to 13, kilo.
Seach for lighter.
thanks for the info and I appreciate that unsprung wheel weight has more effect but if I was bothered about weight I wouldn't have bought a car that weighs about 1800kg :lol:

That is definitely a lot closer than OEM. I wonder if they will clear the red TI Brembos with them being coated in red, will add more thickness to the caliper.....

On eBay mangoletsi list some 19" Ti repros, and they state in their listing that they won't fit Brembo, equipped models but I don't know if they are WSP wheels or not...

Either way, if you are gonna be running 10mm spacers you should be fine. :thumbs:

CS
not sure what cars come with the red Brembos but that is soo close it would probably make a difference! I have the bare metal silver Brembos so the slight air gap should be there :D

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Q4 V6 Brera is rather heavy. But it is not also rather cheap.
I would stay with flat foaming wheel technology 19'er fits to 11 kilo for cast one.
You would wonder your car behaviour really.
Here in Russia WSP stuff is good for "mirror" surface only.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Red Brembos are bigger silber ones because of down piping inner to outer sides.
It sticks some mms.
Actually thats a fair point...if I remember rightly, Brembo equipped 159s and Breras were fitted with 2 different type of Brembo calipers! The earlier models pre 2007, were fitted with a slightly smaller or slimmer caliper which does not have an external connecting lower brake pipe, and only has 1 bleed nipple behind the caliper. These were all silver, or bare alloy almost, I believe they are monoblock/1 peice. Later models, post mid 2007 came with revised larger calipers with the external lower connecting brake pipe, and 2 bleed nipples, 1 per caliper side. These came in silver(bare alloy), and red on the TI and LE models etc....They both run the same 330x28mm discs and same pads AFAIK

I have attached some pics! ;)

CS

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually thats a fair point...if I remember rightly, Brembo equipped 159s and Breras were fitted with 2 different type of Brembo calipers! The earlier models pre 2007, were fitted with a slightly smaller or slimmer caliper which does not have an external connecting lower brake pipe, and only has 1 bleed nipple behind the caliper. These were all silver, or bare alloy almost, I believe they are monoblock/1 peice. Later models, post mid 2007 came with revised larger calipers with the external lower connecting brake pipe, and 2 bleed nipples, 1 per caliper side. These came in silver(bare alloy), and red on the TI and LE models etc....They both run the same 330x28mm discs and same pads AFAIK

I have attached some pics! ;)

CS
I'm not sure you're right about that, My Brera was build February 2006 and has the bare aluminium Brembo calipers WITH the extarnal piping.

I have seen the calipers on your first picture on some Alfa MiTo and Giulietta, never on a Brera or 159.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm not sure you're right about that, My Brera was build February 2006 and has the bare aluminium Brembo calipers WITH the extarnal piping.

I have seen the calipers on your first picture on some Alfa MiTo and Giulietta, never on a Brera or 159.
The mito calipers are different again, but the Giulietta uses the same calipers as the later 159s and Breras. I can understand you thinking the first picture is like the Mito as it is similar with the visible 4 chambers for the pistons, but if you see the other side of the caliper type in that picture it is different.

The Ti calipers clear 17 OEM Wheels fine. I run some original 17" 159 multi spokes for winter with winter tyres and they clear no problem. ...close but not as close as the WSP in the the above picture

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The Ti calipers clear 17 OEM Wheels fine. I run some original 17" 159 multi spokes for winter with winter tyres and they clear no problem. ...close but not as close as the WSP in the the above picture
Excellent!

So, if I could get some red calipers from a 2008 Ti in scrappy for my 2006 Sportivo with the 'toothed' 17" multispokes, I should for it?

(And to Calum, the OP, apologies for hijacking the thread...)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts