Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, fellow alfa drivers.

I was considering sellin my alfa, but did not come up with enough budget for something that I would consider really a better choice so I considered having it for a little longer.
Now long story short - the car has no faults and most of the common problems were already sorted so why sell it and buy another one with new problems. :readit::thumbup:

Now my vehicle is a 2008.10 made 159 with 2.4, qtronic and brembo's. At the moment I have multispoke 17" wheels which are worn and torn and more suitable for winter.

I really want to fit it with 19" TI multispoke original alloys, found a set for a really nice price (Original, not replicas). But my Alfa is a Lusso, NOT A TI. :censored:

Now I found out that TI sits a little lower and thought will my stock suspension be too high ? Roads where I drive are not good for lowered cars so i would like to leave the suspension as it is.

Can someoneo show me how would it look on a stock 159 (the 19"TI wheels) ? I want to know if it looks like a JEEP or is it normal. Thank You !!! :byebye:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ok I was trying to upload fotos of my Q4 lusso on 19's.
It won't do it??

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
images are too large?? what kind of website are we running here? cmon tech boys sort this out how can a photo from a phone be too much to deal with
:furious:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
OK so i made them smaller still can't see em in the preview:censored:
My Q4 is a lusso on 19's. its definitely higher than it should be. As its a SW though I kinda like it

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I would probably upset you.
24JTDm is a hell lump. If you have non TI- package car with this engine you would need to replace springs sooner or later if it has not been done yet. Im sure this replace would end up with Eibach/HR/Novitec or ever lowered. It is a reality. So no real needs to be worry about the eventual gap. Gap is variable this case, alloys are not.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mines a Lusso spec with 19" wheels. Yours will be fine.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
For British ProDrive price incl. shipment I would prefer British TeamDynamics ProRace wheels to be ordered.
Depends country marketing of course. I do not care MPG in all but diesel one guy should do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would probably upset you.
24JTDm is a hell lump. If you have non TI- package car with this engine you would need to replace springs sooner or later if it has not been done yet. Im sure this replace would end up with Eibach/HR/Novitec or ever lowered. It is a reality. So no real needs to be worry about the eventual gap. Gap is variable this case, alloys are not.
:thumbup:
I don't realy know what You meant here ? You mean that the springs eventually breaks or gets old or what ? I don't see anything unusual with them as I am on 17" wheels now. My car has 210k on the clock.

Please explain.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I don't realy know what You meant here ? You mean that the springs eventually breaks or gets old or what ? I don't see anything unusual with them as I am on 17" wheels now. My car has 210k on the clock.

Please explain.
Yes exactly. TI and others progressive springs are harder than conventional ones. They would not break as is but they became weaker and shorter finally under heavy engine load. For 210k I would check springs as well especially because expensive 235/40/19 to be fitted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes exactly. TI and others progressive springs are harder than conventional ones. They would not break as is but they became weaker and shorter finally under heavy engine load. For 210k I would check springs as well especially because expensive 235/40/19 to be fitted.
Well I am thinking about using some other alternatives rather that the 235/40 which we all know the cost. I know there is a difference in speed and etc., but I am not willing to buy the Pirelli for 150 pounds a piece. That's just mad. Since I found the set of TIs cheaper that that, I am willing to save on the tires.

So You say it is ok to change just the springs and leave the stock shocks ? I will check on how the springs are now.

What are my alternatives for 235/40 ? what if I go 245/35 ? The diameter apparently seems almost the same.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
No, No... I mean different way...
Weaked springs with heavy 24JTDm is well known story.
This weaked springs would affect wheels alignment and initiate tire wear. No matter expensive or cheap. That is what I mean.
Shocks are to be replaced according to car behavior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, No... I mean different way...
Weaked springs with heavy 24JTDm is well known story.
This weaked springs would affect wheels alignment and initiate tire wear. No matter expensive or cheap. That is what I mean.
Shocks are to be replaced according to car behavior.
Oh my. Now I understand what YOu mean.
I actualy had a problem with unevenly worn set of tires. But we just did a wheel alignment and it seems ok now.
Damn i never thought that could be an issue related to springs :read:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I went for 245/40/19 tyres (on 19" TI wheels) on my 2.4 Lusso. Suspension is still standard but looks quite nice as is. That's said I will be fitting new springs (Eibach) but a realignment is inevitable and a good precaution to help prevent tyre wear.

Just changing the wheels makes a huge visual difference and to be honest, if I didn't already have new springs in a box ready to be fitted, I'm not sure I would bother.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went for 245/40/19 tyres (on 19" TI wheels) on my 2.4 Lusso. Suspension is still standard but looks quite nice as is. That's said I will be fitting new springs (Eibach) but a realignment is inevitable and a good precaution to help prevent tyre wear.

Just changing the wheels makes a huge visual difference and to be honest, if I didn't already have new springs in a box ready to be fitted, I'm not sure I would bother.
So technically I suppose it would be a good idea to check wheels alignment for high mileage Alfa 159's ? Mine had 210k (kilometers). I had a problem with one set of tires which have gone to :censored: , but after then it was ok.

So I think I will go for the cheaper ones 245/40 R19 as it seems the closest alternative to the original 235/40. But I would even like to go 245/35 for lower sidewall but I see that I has quite a big rolling difference. :jester:

If anyone has more photos of their 159s with 19s, bring em on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts