Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right, I'm ready to sell my original 19 TI wheels on here if anyone is interested. With my ProDrives on now these just take up space sitting there.

Only thing is I am not entirely sure on how much they would fetch. I have included pictures, as you can see they do show wear/markings from use most noticeably on the inside and also some curbing from whoever had the car before I did. So if anyone is interested please be aware they are not mint, so you may want to go somewhere to give them a more professional and in depth clean/refurbish. They also do not come with tyres, just the alloy wheels and center caps/badges.

So any help on estimating a fair value would be appreciated and if anyone is interested let me know. I know being realistic they aren't worth a huge amount at least compared to what a new set costs, however at the same time I'd say they should be worth a decent amount. Looking at the very few sold sets of just the wheels which are a genuine set I'm guessing around £400, but I could be wrong. From what I have seen though the whole sets of 4 do seem to fetch more than just a single one on it's own (I'm guessing its the convenience of the majority of people wanting a set).

I would prefer collection, a bit reluctant to post although I do have boxes for each of them. They would have to be sent individually since the main couriers wouldn't be able to send them all together due to weight. We do sometimes send stuff by pallet delivery from where I work so there might be a way to send all four at once. However again would heavily prefer them being collected.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Right, I'm ready to sell my original 19 TI wheels on here if anyone is interested. With my ProDrives on now these just take up space sitting there.

Only thing is I am not entirely sure on how much they would fetch. I have included pictures, as you can see they do show wear/markings from use most noticeably on the inside and also some curbing from whoever had the car before I did. So if anyone is interested please be aware they are not mint, so you may want to go somewhere to give them a more professional and in depth clean/refurbish. They also do not come with tyres, just the alloy wheels and center caps/badges.

So any help on estimating a fair value would be appreciated and if anyone is interested let me know. I know being realistic they aren't worth a huge amount at least compared to what a new set costs, however at the same time I'd say they should be worth a decent amount. Looking at the very few sold sets of just the wheels which are a genuine set I'm guessing around £400, but I could be wrong. From what I have seen though the whole sets of 4 do seem to fetch more than just a single one on it's own (I'm guessing its the convenience of the majority of people wanting a set).

I would prefer collection, a bit reluctant to post although I do have boxes for each of them. They would have to be sent individually since the main couriers wouldn't be able to send them all together due to weight. We do sometimes send stuff by pallet delivery from where I work so there might be a way to send all four at once. However again would heavily prefer them being collected.
£400 is more than fair. I'd be keen myself if I didn't need to spend the money elsewhere!

Reactions: Jean_Luc Picard

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification, to be honest I'd be pretty pleased with £400. I know they aren't in new condition (they've been on for 8 years from when the car was made) but I'd imagine it would be of use and go as a nice cosmetic upgrade to somebody.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, weighed one of them and I got 12.5kg. So for anyone interested the weight difference isn't too much compared to the ProDrives which I got 11.25kg when weighed.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
£400 is way too cheap, I'd start much higher and then come down a little if necessary.
I'd have them listed at least around £550. They look to be in much better condition than mine.

I reckon these wheels are second only to the Prodrives in the Alfa world.
And I bet there's plenty of people who prefer them to the Prodrive ones.
And with Camskill currently 'giving away' brand new tyres at less than £50 a corner there should be takers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've got interest through PM and it looks like they will be sold. Again perhaps it is a little low but that's just the way I see it fairly priced, I'll admit I'm pretty picky over condition, they don't look bad but again I like to go into every detail and there are signs of wear mainly on the inside and also the outside. The way I see it this gives who buys it a nice cushion to have the wear remedied if they want later on.

I do agree about these being the most popular wheels, I can see why as they are pretty much the best of everything, nice style that fits well with Alfa, nice size and works very well for if you have a Brera/Spider/159 with smaller wheels and want a nice upgrade.

Again if I didn't have an obsession with the 5 holes I'd be like the majority and would keep these on. But again I'm fussy!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
If the first deal falls through please let me take them. Just need to figure out how to cost effectively get them to SA

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Well it is looking almost if not 100% likely they will be gone tomorrow, but I'll let you know either way to just confirm. Wasn't expecting to shift them so soon to be honest.
Told you they were way too cheap, but as long as you're happy that's all that matters :smile:
And it sounds as though a fellow member has got him/herself a bargain :thumbup:

I tried to sell a set of 16'' GTV alloys in mint condition about 10 years ago.
They're still in my garage...
Way too small for any takers now :crying:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think it cost me just under £500 to get a set of spare Ti wheels, one perfect (but wrong colour) two excellent and one kerbed (which turned out to be very very slightly out of true). Another £200 to refurb and then £600 for winter tyres. Going to have to shell out another £200 refurb the original set and another £400 - £500 for decent Summer tyres in the next couple of months!

Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bit late to this thread, so prob not much use, but re pricing, I'd have thought you'd be in the right ballpark by subtracting the cost of a good refurb job from the cost of a new set. A nicely refurb'd set would/should fetch almost as much as a new set... I'd have thought?

PS - did you even post pics of your car with the prodrives on? Keen to see how it turned out :biglaugh:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Told you they were way too cheap, but as long as you're happy that's all that matters :smile:
And it sounds as though a fellow member has got him/herself a bargain :thumbup:

I tried to sell a set of 16'' GTV alloys in mint condition about 10 years ago.
They're still in my garage...
Way too small for any takers now :crying:
Well it does seem I could have got a bit more, but to be honest as I've said I am happy to get £400 and also I'm happy it has gone to a forum member who I know from speaking to in person today will put them to good use. :)

I've still got a set of Giulietta fascia panels in metallic red which are the Connects2 ones to fit a 2din unit which I tried to sell with no luck last year still hanging around. You never know somebody might want a set of those GTV wheels.

Bit late to this thread, so prob not much use, but re pricing, I'd have thought you'd be in the right ballpark by subtracting the cost of a good refurb job from the cost of a new set. A nicely refurb'd set would/should fetch almost as much as a new set... I'd have thought?

PS - did you even post pics of your car with the prodrives on? Keen to see how it turned out :biglaugh:
They may have got more if I had got them refurbished, however I personally don't think it would have been too close to what a new set would be, that would only work if it was a dealer selling them in my view. Again I'm happy I have sold them for what I would have liked to have got and cleared the space, I understand though if it were someone else selling them and being in the same situation as me they may have thought different regarding price.

Yes I did get the ProDrives on with the pictures, I started a thread which will get updated the more I do to it. I think at the time I posted the thread it seemed a bit quiet or something as it faded down quite fast, either that or people didn't like the look which might be true!

Anyway, just to confirm for those interested they have now been collected by the new owner a few hours ago. Also had a nice lengthy talk about Alfas, and now seeing a very nice 3.2 GT with the V6 engine in person has made me want to get one or possibly a GTV/Spider, even if it is only temporary, I would like a V6 Alfa with the Busso at some point in my life!

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
I started a thread which will get updated the more I do to it. I think at the time I posted the thread it seemed a bit quiet or something as it faded down quite fast, either that or people didn't like the look which might be true!
It's because there's not many Spider owners on here, it's a very rare car which is why I bought mine.
Most people on our part of the forum seem to have a diesel saloon.

Reactions: SpiderSaint

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, I kinda forgot that, still I do sometimes think there are a good amount of Spider owners but the reality is there aren't as many as you sometimes imagine. The majority does seem to be with the saloon, with the Brera somewhat in the middle and the Spider being the minority.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think we all probably voted for alfa4ever's MM in car of the year (who won that BTW) but that didn't get far, I know Jabba's 159 was racking up some votes and would have had mine too if it weren't for the MM.
Im happy being in the minority with the prettiest car :devious:

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
I think we all probably voted for alfa4ever's MM in car of the year (who won that BTW) but that didn't get far, I know Jabba's 159 was racking up some votes and would have had mine too if it weren't for the MM.
Im happy being in the minority with the prettiest car :devious:
A 147 GTA won it.
I was very impressed with Gaz's GTV.
He did some serious work on that beauty: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/622097-alfa-rosso-130-to-ferrari-rosso-scuderia-4.html#post9037185

Reactions: Gaz and SpiderSaint

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thank you Jean_Luc Picard for the wheels. If you ever want a Busso maybe we can do a swap with your spider:biglaugh:.

The spider looks very nice :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts