Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was driving my 156 home from work last night around 11pm and i had my blowers on level 3.....all of a sudden my blowers cut off then my digital temp gauge kept dropping to minus 19....nothing else was affected (i think)...has anyone got any information on this problem and has anyone else experienced this

V

·
0 Posts
There's no signal getting to your climate control from the temp sender by the sound of it I think. Exactly the same thing happened when someone coming the other way took out my offside mirror! -19C is the lowest temp your climate control will recognise and defaults to this when there is no incoming signal to the contrary. If your mirror is showing no signs of impact, you could try remaking the little multi-connector (you'll need to remove the triangular plastic trim inside the car). If still no good, I think the sensor is buggered and it's a new mirror for you! You'll get one from a breakers or fleabay for about £30.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think i have climate control...my 156 is a 1998 model

V

·
0 Posts
Do you have a little button on the 'ventilation area' LH control with a picture of a snowflake on it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have but i thought that was for my air conditioning system

V

·
0 Posts
I think we're talking at crossed purposes here, whatever heating/ventilation system you have, it will be taking its cues from the outside temperature, as monitored by the sensor in your O/S mirror. For whatever reason, the output from this sensor is not getting to the system. You need to find out why this signal isn't getting through.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your replys i will give what you said a try and see if i can fix it or to see if i will have to but a new mirror or second hand.
Cheers:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts