Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Summer is just a dim and distant memory BUT there will still be some good days to drive along great roads, with great company and even have a good lunch.

One of these will be Sunday 19 October. It has been heartening for me as a rep to have received suggestions from the membership. This one comes from filipharvey - thanks Phil.

This is going to take place on one of my all time favourite roads. We will meet here:-

http://www.crownsheringham.co.uk/menu.htm

at 12.30 on Sunday 19 October. We will have lunch, talk about what we want to organise in the future then go for a drive. Those of you who have never driven along the Cromer- Hunstanton coast road don't know what you are missing. If you are really lucky you can hit John Major as you drive through Weybourne - 10 extra points if you do.

COME ON - be there it'll be fun - just RSVP NOW.

BTW - I'll be organising something similar in the Cambridgeshire area very soon. We are a vast area but don't worry you WILL all be included.

Look forward to seeing you.

Paul.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds good. We could take a detour through the grounds of Holkham Hall. Might be a chance of some fine photos there if the weather's ok.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. We could take a detour through the grounds of Holkham Hall. Might be a chance of some fine photos there if the weather's ok.

You are down as a "yes" then Steve. (Go on hit that button).

Liz and I have been to Holkham Hall - well worth the detour you suggest.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Wehey! I'm in:D :thumbs:

·
Registered
297 Posts
That menu looks sooooo goood....worth going for the food I reckon!:inlove:
"9oz Sirloin Steak, Tomates, Onion Ring, Chips & Peas"...mmmmm yummmmy....wish I could go!:(

Have a great time!:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Woooooo! The big brass might be coming! Quick, best behave!

·
Registered
498 Posts
This looks good. So now I have to go down on my knees to get my wife to cover for me at work that day.
The Crown is my local - what you may not be aware of is that Bob Brewster, the landlord, is a Spider owner. I shall tell him about this next time I see him, be good to get him up for this as well.
The other thing you might like to bear in mind is that if it's a nice day, The Crown can get extremely busy on a Sunday lunch... parking could be an issue (not insurmountable) and it might be wise to book lunch.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This looks good. So now I have to go down on my knees to get my wife to cover for me at work that day.
The Crown is my local - what you may not be aware of is that Bob Brewster, the landlord, is a Spider owner. I shall tell him about this next time I see him, be good to get him up for this as well.
The other thing you might like to bear in mind is that if it's a nice day, The Crown can get extremely busy on a Sunday lunch... parking could be an issue (not insurmountable) and it might be wise to book lunch.
Thanks for that - I'll wait a few more days to get some definite numbers and then book.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
If you wish Paul, I will give him a ring and see if I can organise parking and book us all in?
I can't really see parking as an issue with the car park at the top being quite large, but it would be nice if we could all park outside the pub!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
We should corner off a part of the car part with some red rope so we can line up all the Alfas! Carnt have them spread out amongst the average cars:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you wish Paul, I will give him a ring and see if I can organise parking and book us all in?
I can't really see parking as an issue with the car park at the top being quite large, but it would be nice if we could all park outside the pub!

Thanks for the offer Phil - one which I'm happy to accept so please go ahead.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
No problem!

Just a quick question to those that are coming:
Apart from Paul and I, will anyone else be bringing a partner/guest with them? (I guess you will be Steve?)
Just so I can give them a rough idea as to numbers for lunch.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts