Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting 19 inch for my QV but i was wondering if it will effect the performance of it.. Like will the handling be worse is my main worry??

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
You'll get more road noise and less comfort, and if your part of surrey hasn't been resurfaced for the bike race, you're also more likely to damage the wheels in all the potholes.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
double check clearance on all suspension parts and bodywork at full steering extension before purchase
and have a look for anyone posting issues with larger rim sizes.

16" has 55 profile tyres
17" has 45 profile
18" has 40 profile
so, 19" would have 35 profiles?
... which means that after buying the alloys you are into around £800 for 4 tyres as well > OUCH

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Isn't there a QV in Belgium with 159 19's on. I think the biggest problem will most likely be the width, provided the offset is ok. The 159 wheels are 8" width so they aren't that much bigger, so they'd be an extra 8mm closer to the suspension? The overall diameter of the wheel will be pretty much the same provided you choose your tyres carefully.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think the standard 235/40 R19 for the Prodrive Brera would be a 5% diameter increase over the standard 18" 225/40 R18 no?

Some places reckon the 8J x18 Brera/Spider/159 wheels fit Guilietta ok, as you say with ET41 offset its something like 10mm inside the wheel extra?

Could not find any pics with google when I tried at the weekend of 19 on a QV ;)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The thing with Novitec etc is that they are not afraid to comprimise to get the 19" to fit, spacers etc.

I am more interested in good looks... with no warrenty issues and performance impact :)

Need to find some 18" 5 holes to powdercoat like yours :thumbs:

My car is at the dealer, pick it up in two weeks with its turbines on for now :D

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Novitec list 20" x 8.5J :wow:

That's gotta be with some tweaks!
You're probably right, but lets be honest here, the wheels aren't pushed for space in the G's wheel arches. Provided the tyre width isn't any wider, there won't be any difference between a G on 18's compared to 19's (overall diameter same, tyre width stays at 225). If the wheels are 8" instead of 7 1/2" with the same offset then the extra width will be shared equally betwen both sides of the wheel, so the wheel will 'grow' 8mm (or 1/4") into the wheel arch and towards the outside of the car. I would imagine the critical point will be on the inside edge of the wheel and the clearance with the suspension and bodywork on full lock. I think looking at how closely 18's fit would give a good idea, especially 1/2" above the rim (Which is where a 19" rim would end up).

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thanks DeP - they fit then, I wonder if it only go's straight or if it can go round corners as well ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 104 Posts