Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.

They look like a breakers yard that recovers untriggered airbags from cars and sell them on (quite a trade in those apparently!)

Not sure I'd be 100% happy if the Brera those alloys had come off would have been in good nick. I'd need to be sure that the alloys weren't twisted in an impact. Worth a punt though if all 4 are good and unmarked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if there ok, and the tyres are good, i'd say thats a cracking price.
i had replaced 1 x 18" 7 hole alloy for our brera.......dealer price over £500 + vat excluding tyre.
and these are 19" and the very sort after 5 hole jobbies.....
i bet these would be over £3.5 k new.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
the wheels alone are on eb spares for around £1300 once youve added vat and delivery. plus around £200 per corner for the brand new p-zeros.
Ok, the tyres arent new but I still think the 1k price aint too bad. Even if they need a refurb, youre still quids in plus youve got a set of part worn p-zeros too. :thumbs:
Saying that though, I got a brand new set of these with brand new p-zeros for 800 but that was a proper bargain. :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.

They look like a breakers yard that recovers untriggered airbags from cars and sell them on (quite a trade in those apparently!)

Not sure I'd be 100% happy if the Brera those alloys had come off would have been in good nick. I'd need to be sure that the alloys weren't twisted in an impact. Worth a punt though if all 4 are good and unmarked.
interesting indeed, they seem to be breaking a 2.2 brera S, they list all the body panels, doors, brakes, engine, wonder if it was a water damage job - no interior stuff at all...

Just a thought Hunter, they have 2.4 gearbox etc listed, wonder if they have a dual mass fly wheel going cheep??:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The wheels without tyres are £340 each...

Partsworld-UK Online - 19 inch alloy (Grey)-Brera S

Tyres around around £190 fitted at our local independent.

So potentially a good price.

But I'd want to see some better pictures first!

If you want something a bit cheaper I have some excellent condition 18" seven horseshoe alloys for sale as I've just acquired a set of similar S wheels (but new and grey).... ;)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Well lets hope that the one in the picture isn't the best one, as that tyre looks totally mullered! :eek:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i saw them i thought he could have at least cleaned them!

from the pics it looks like they're shod in Pirelli P Zero. Definately worth a punt at £900

·
Registered
84 Posts
The wheels without tyres are £340 each...

Partsworld-UK Online - 19 inch alloy (Grey)-Brera S

Tyres around around £190 fitted at our local independent.

So potentially a good price.

But I'd want to see some better pictures first!

If you want something a bit cheaper I have some excellent condition 18" seven horseshoe alloys for sale as I've just acquired a set of similar S wheels (but new and grey).... ;)
this cant be for genuine alfa wheels surely?
i ask as a wheel for our brera (18" 7 hole) was £500 from bishops of guildford only last month?
and the 19" must be more?
but stranger things have happened at sea........

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
this cant be for genuine alfa wheels surely?
i ask as a wheel for our brera (18" 7 hole) was £500 from bishops of guildford only last month?
and the 19" must be more?
but stranger things have happened at sea........
I could be very wrong, but I think prodrive did the alloys for the Brera S version?

How could one wheel costs £500? I thought a set of four 18" Brera S style wheels came in at about £750 at the dealers. Maybe they hate people buying single ones?

I just sold 4 very good condition 7 horseshoe 18" wheels for less than £500 a few minutes ago...

·
Registered
84 Posts
bazare i know.
we phoned up bishops (alfa main stealer)
and they said there are 2 different 7 hole 18" alloys
1 was £275 and the other was £500 inc vat, you can guess which one we had....:mad:

so i naturally thought a 19" 5 hole (much nicer alloy) would be more than that.
also i would think prodrive would be vastly more, as i had a subaru sti (prodrive) and bits with the prodrive name were astronomical.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
bazare i know.
we phoned up bishops (alfa main stealer)
and they said there are 2 different 7 hole 18" alloys
1 was £275 and the other was £500 inc vat, you can guess which one we had....:mad:

so i naturally thought a 19" 5 hole (much nicer alloy) would be more than that.
also i would think prodrive would be vastly more, as i had a subaru sti (prodrive) and bits with the prodrive name were astronomical.....
The 19" S wheels are definitely made by Prodrive, or someone for them.
When I had a puncture, there is a Union Jack on the inner rim.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have never known prodrive use a union jack for there logo?
as they are heavely involved with subaru/mazda et al
they always used there prodrive name?
alloys have always been a big prodrive accessory, so i would not be supprised if they were made by prodrive...will be great quality if they are, and very light, as prodrive are heavely into reducing rotational mass on vehicles.
after porsche, i think they also make the best brakes out there (personal preference)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts