Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any of you put 18s on your gtv or spider? and if so, what offset are they and what size tyre did you go for, also, how much have you lowered the car by?

as ive noticed that with the 16s ive ogt on at the moment, the spring cup is close to the tyre

cheers ta very mooch

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
Tyre would be a 225/40R18

The same offset as the 17" should be fine, ie ET30.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have 18s i think if i remember 225/40r18 and i think ET35. Ive lowered mine with eibachs... lowest eibachs too lol
It did rub at the back because theres a lip that points down inside the rear wheel arch but i just knocked it up flat with a hammer and all is good. Only rubs sometimes when i have a full car, puts a lot of stress on your rear bumpstops though and all the joints in the rear suspension arms take a beating.
Apart from that handles awsome and looks great :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have 18s i think if i remember 225/40r18 and i think ET35. Ive lowered mine with eibachs... lowest eibachs too lol
It did rub at the back because theres a lip that points down inside the rear wheel arch but i just knocked it up flat with a hammer and all is good. Only rubs sometimes when i have a full car, puts a lot of stress on your rear bumpstops though and all the joints in the rear suspension arms take a beating.
Apart from that handles awsome and looks great :D
Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics,Pics :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
You wont like the pics because I have chrome wheels lol. I will see what if i got any on the computer, the only thing is at the moment my wheels are all off and the car is all jacked up on stands. maybe this is a good time to take some pics of underneath (archers). ill do that tomorrow...

·
Registered
325 Posts
i got 225/40/18 aint got round 2 lowering yet look an handle excellent turning circle crap 3 point turn is a 5 point turn but who cares

·
Registered
162 Posts
:lol: yeah true! nah seriously though when theres 2 people in it its fine. When i have 3 or 4 people in the back i need to take it easy, but i try only use my car as a 2 seater i hardly let people in the back, the back seats are pretty much brand new!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
:lol: yeah true! nah seriously though when theres 2 people in it its fine. When i have 3 or 4 people in the back i need to take it easy, but i try only use my car as a 2 seater i hardly let people in the back, the back seats are pretty much brand new!!!
you mean its coz they dont fit lol, no matter how new they are....:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
It did rub at the back because theres a lip that points down inside the rear wheel arch but i just knocked it up flat with a hammer and all is good.
I hope youve sealed the arch return lip up properly as otherwise if the paint has cracked on the inside edge of the lip you will get rot setting in.
Ive done this on loads of cars and i use a heatgun to soften the paint but inevitably it cracks to some degree.
Just make sure youve rustproofed and sealed it up!.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hope youve sealed the arch return lip up properly as otherwise if the paint has cracked on the inside edge of the lip you will get rot setting in.
Ive done this on loads of cars and i use a heatgun to soften the paint but inevitably it cracks to some degree.
Just make sure youve rustproofed and sealed it up!.
rust on what???

the gtv's plastic carbon rustproof metallic looking bodywork lol:lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts