Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering ordering 18" upgrades for my Giulietta Veloce. Has anyone directly compared the 17" standards with the 18" upgrades for ride quality. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
I upgraded from 16" Lusso wheels to 18" Lineaccessories 8C alloys and there's a difference a lot less comfy and uses more fuel .But, hey, it looks a lot better! I was told that the move from 17 to 18 is bumpier but I imagine its even more pronounced on Veloce settings.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I testdrove cars with both 17s and 18s on the veloce trim and only noticed the 18's to be a bit firmer, what was more noticable was the increased road noise at higher speeds. I still chose the 18s when I ordered mine however.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Driven 17s and 18s on veloce spec and 18s are far harder and a touch crashy.
I've got 18s on mine though because they look better but if comfort is a factor, it's 17s all the way

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments, it is a tough one cos I think the looks with the 18" wheels are great, but would have to put up with the firmer ride. I just hope it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of the drive

·
Registered
328 Posts
I went for the 18's too, look better and you get better feel of the road, downsides are loss of comfort (if that is your thing) and increased MPG...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anything has better ride than the Abarth .....Hello Mr Koni for me

Anyways FWIW test drove the GQV and the ride was a bit firm - no doubt assisted by the stiff walled P-Zeros .....so if i was in the same position as the OP then I'd go for 18's (they look sooo nice) but with a better tyre - say a Conti CSC2

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, stay clear of the p-zeroes. They are extremely noisy also. I have 18" summer tyres and 17" winter tyres. The improvement in ride and noise levels with the 17" tyres is huge, but the 18's do look good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts