Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nearly due new front tyres and am considering changing all 4 to see if I can eradicate some of the road noise. At the moment it's wearing PZero Rossos. Has anyone else shod their's with anything else? Opinions?

J

·
0 Posts
I got rid of my PZero Rosso's and stuck on Goodyear F1 Eagle A2's all round. I had them on my Focus ST work car and they are fantastic. Better grip, less noise, great in the wet and they overlap the rim slightly protecting the alloys. Most importantly great wear too. Did 7k in Pirelli's!! Cost approx £140 a corner fitted.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I suggest Yokohama for quiet running, lower price, overall performance, and ride comfort second to none. Tread life is quite long and they don't get noisy. Yokohamas also have a wider footprint and protect wheels. I am going to use them on my alfa CXover in AT type like I do on my Toyota Sienna awd.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Had them on the 159 this past year (now on Michelin winter tyres) and thought they were 'the business' so the 'G' got them too when the Pirellis expired. Can't really fault them and at £99 a corner (special offer at Camskills - normally £108), the wallet's happy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all
I don't want to derail this topic, but I don't want to start a new one either, so this looks as good a place as any to ask. Does anyone know the torque wrench setting for Giulietta wheels as I have just fitted new 18's?

·
Administrator
87,032 Posts
Not sure if it's the same as the 159 ( the PCD & Centre Bore are but not sure about the bolts ) but if so this : might be useful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got rid of my PZero Rosso's and stuck on Goodyear F1 Eagle A2's all round. I had them on my Focus ST work car and they are fantastic. Better grip, less noise, great in the wet and they overlap the rim slightly protecting the alloys. Most importantly great wear too. Did 7k in Pirelli's!! Cost approx £140 a corner fitted.
Another vote for Eagle F1s - had them on my Impreza

·
Registered
20 Posts
:)
Not sure if it's the same as the 159 ( the PCD & Centre Bore are but not sure about the bolts ) but if so this : might be useful.
Thanks. :) There seems to be a great deal of conflict in that thread as to what the setting should be though! I will phone the dealer to make sure, better safe than sorry! :)

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Do you guys get dunlops there? If so the sp6060 is a nice tire. Very quiet.

·
Administrator
87,032 Posts
From 159 eLearn:
108-132Nm (80-97lbs-ft).

They are M14x1.5 threads on the 159/Brera, not the usual Alfa/Fiat M12x1.25.
:)

Thanks. :) There seems to be a great deal of conflict in that thread as to what the setting should be though! I will phone the dealer to make sure, better safe than sorry! :)
Apart from the quoted post most of the threads seems to be about what's the longest breaker bar that's been needed to undo the bolts :lol:

Let us know what the Dealer recommends :thumbs:

·
Registered
554 Posts
My fronts ( P Zero Rosso ) will need replacing soon , now at 20.5K miles since August. Have been looking to see what is about and what others have to say before making a decision. Has anyone here changed to or tried Marangoni Mythos ? Mine is a Lex lease car so I suppose they will have some say on what gets fitted. Cheers. Graeme

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
When I bought mine (with 17k on) I had a worn out dunlop TTmaxx, a worn out P7, a nearly new P7 and a nearly new P6000 on. some weren't even the right load rating! I ended up buying a full set - but I wasn't going to spend £600 on P7's. Working on the way mine ended up, I don't think that they will be too bothered about what gets fitted. Still I could be wrong

·
Registered
554 Posts
Had a front pair of P Zero Rosso's replaced yesterday at Kwikfit (Lex Lease conditions) with Good Year Efficient Grip jobs inflated with nitrogen. Reading some online reports doesn't bode too well as some say they are very noisy and give a lack of feedbaxk feeling, though most police forces are supposed to be switching to them. Have a 145 mile journey home this afternoon mainly A19 & A1M so will have a bit of an idea then as to what they are like. Wanted to try Marangoni Mythos but they were too cheap (for KF I bet).

J

·
0 Posts
Had a front pair of P Zero Rosso's replaced yesterday at Kwikfit (Lex Lease conditions) with Good Year Efficient Grip jobs inflated with nitrogen. Reading some online reports doesn't bode too well as some say they are very noisy and give a lack of feedbaxk feeling, though most police forces are supposed to be switching to them. Have a 145 mile journey home this afternoon mainly A19 & A1M so will have a bit of an idea then as to what they are like. Wanted to try Marangoni Mythos but they were too cheap (for KF I bet).

The police are also fitting the Goodyear F1 Eagle A2's on all their high performance cars and they are the best tyres out there right now. I have them on all four corners of my QV and can't fault them. The Pirelli's were a bag of s***e!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
had Avon ZV5 on a 147, some rumble, lovely steering feel, no lack of grip, wore well
briefly had ZZ3s as well, slightly quieter, more grip (impression of, anyway), steering slightly less firm but more predictable (if that makes sense) - protected rims better

1 - 20 of 54 Posts