Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to buy a GT with 18 inch alloys. Ive heard that the ride is much harder on 18's. Is that the case? Aanyone found a good place to get tyres from? If so what would I be looking at paying? Wwhat size are the tyres on the 18's. Cheers

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Don't worry about the ride.. just buy it! :cool:

What I would do is buy some 16" wheels to put on during the dark winter nights. For one thing you don't want to be wearing out your expensive 18" tyres driving about at 30mph (sleet, snow, rain, fog) and another, you'll wreck those wheels the first pot-hole you don't see.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Look great :cool: I wouldn't have anything less on the GT
Size is 225/40R18 W91 bought a replacement front set for £121 fitted each fromevent tyres, they come to your house/workplace and fit them
Pirelli p Zero's

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
it is both subjective, and depends on what tyres you use.

i have 19s with toyo Proxes4 225/35 tyres. the ride comfort is better than the original 17s with Bridgestone RE050 tyres.

i didn't change the suspension at the same time i changed wheels/tyres, but my suspension is upgraded, to KONI Sport dampers and Eibach springs. this helps considerably too, but is a separate issue.

:)

G

·
Size is 225/40R18 W91 bought a replacement front set for £121 fitted each
Pirelli p Zero's
What Brickers said :thumbs:

Apart from the tyres I've got P zero's on mine but the don't offer much protection to your Rims :(

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Size is 225/40R18 W91 bought a replacement front set for £121 fitted each
Pirelli p Zero's
What Brickers said :thumbs:

Apart from the tyres I've got P zero's on mine but the don't offer much protection to your Rims :(
What they both said :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts