Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

I apologise if this is a ridiculous question, but is it possible to put a set of 18" Horseshoes from a 159 on my 147 JTDM? I currently have 16s on there, but was just wondering whether it would be a straight swap?

Also, if someone could give me some info on the wheels, that would be great. I believe the part number is; 155071909. However, I will try to attach the picture from the seller in case that is wrong.

I would really appreciate any input,
Henry

Attachments

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Not a direct fit without adapters or re-drilling.

147 has a 5x98 PCD with a 58mm central bore, the 159 has a 5x110 with a 65mm bore

Holes wont line up!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a direct fit without adapters or re-drilling.

147 has a 5x98 PCD with a 58mm central bore, the 159 has a 5x110 with a 65mm bore

Holes wont line up!
Ah, I see. Thank you for your reply, kind sir.

Regarding alloys for my 147, then, what should I be looking out for? Alloys from a 147, 156 or GT only?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Regarding alloys for my 147, then, what should I be looking out for? Alloys from a 147, 156 or GT only?

yup ,if you want an easy time of it....employing wobble bolts can give you a lot more aftermarket options but could potentially be an issue when you come to sell the car...most Alfisti don't like aftermarket wheels and prefer either original to the car or OEM upgrades.

plenty of choices out there, and honestly if handling is our aim then 17's , I run 18's on my blackline because they are the OE wheel and look awesome but fully accept 17's would be optimum in terms of handling and comfort.

some 17'' GTA wheels would look awesome on any 147!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts

Yea the 147/156/GT and GTV/GTV-Spider all have a 5x98 PCD.

Not sure what offset you'll need to clear the brakes though..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup ,if you want an easy time of it....employing wobble bolts can give you a lot more aftermarket options but could potentially be an issue when you come to sell the car...most Alfisti don't like aftermarket wheels and prefer either original to the car or OEM upgrades.

plenty of choices out there, and honestly if handling is our aim then 17's , I run 18's on my blackline because they are the OE wheel and look awesome but fully accept 17's would be optimum in terms of handling and comfort.

some 17'' GTA wheels would look awesome on any 147!
Oh yeah, absolutely, I have no intentions of having any non-Alfa alloys on there. It's OEM only as I think they look much better.

Yeah, some GTAs would look good, but finding any nice alloys would be a good start. I love the collezione turbine and also the ones in this listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-147-COLLEZIONE-2007-1-6-TS-TWINSPARK-5-SPEED-ASHTRAY-INSERT-BREAKING-/301552904521?hash=item4635f42949:g:QgMAAOSwrklU-G~X

I'll find some nice ones eventually

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
What exactly do you mean by offset? I currently have 16", so would larger alloys not necessarily fit?
The offset is how far the mounting surface (the bit you bolt to your wheel hub) sits in relation to the center of the tread on the tyre.

This is a good page with a load of explanation of what it is, and a few pictures too - Alloy Wheels Explained - Rimstyle.com

The good news is that offset can be relatively easily adjusted with wheel spacers and new bolts, but given the choice I'd go for a wheel with the correct offset to start with.

FWIW I have a set of 5x100 PCD wheels on my GT, fitted with wobble bolts... As Joe suggested, I'd prefer to have some Alfa Originals (Blacklines, Cloverleafs, even considering some 17" GTA alloys now..), but 5x100 is only a 2mm difference - easily made up with wobble bolts!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The offset is how far the mounting surface (the bit you bolt to your wheel hub) sits in relation to the center of the tread on the tyre.

This is a good page with a load of explanation of what it is, and a few pictures too - Alloy Wheels Explained - Rimstyle.com

The good news is that offset can be relatively easily adjusted with wheel spacers and new bolts, but given the choice I'd go for a wheel with the correct offset to start with.

FWIW I have a set of 5x100 PCD wheels on my GT, fitted with wobble bolts... As Joe suggested, I'd prefer to have some Alfa Originals (Blacklines, Cloverleafs, even considering some 17" GTA alloys now..), but 5x100 is only a 2mm difference - easily made up with wobble bolts!
That was really useful, thank you so much. I'll definitely consider some wobble bolts now if I need to, but I suspect I'll be sticking to some OEM Alfa wheels which are the correct size.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What do you think to 17 inch Selespeed wheels?
You would have to point me in the direction of some photos, as I am not entirely sure what they look like, but quite possibly.

Edit: Do you mean the attached? If so, I'm afraid not. I think I'll probably go for some 17 GTAs, some 17 Jetfins (from the GT), the Collezione Turbines, the Collezione Multispokes (ideally), or maybe some Ducati Corse 17s. As you can see, I haven't really decided yet :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By the way, if you did want to go crazy..

AL670 18*80
Wow, they're awesome! Other than not being in stock, I'm not sure I can justify spending £550 on some alloys, and then having to spend ~£200 on tyres as well :depressed:

I know lots of alloys are about this price for 4, but I don't really want to spend more than ~£100 per corner on alloys. Limiting, I know, but that is how it is for the time being.

Unless I see some alloys for the right price, I'll probably have to hold off until October.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two 18 inch wheels off a 147 Ducati Corse for sale

Hi I've got 2 18 inch wheels off my Ducati Corse for sale - for me they are the coolest official wheels ever made for the 147. They've got an awesome red stripe too. You'd need to find another two though!!! There's some on ebay for £150 each at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alufelge-...867735?hash=item2c9033b0d7:g:jJIAAOSwosFUVMCz

Let me know if you're interested they need refurbing so I'd be open to offers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts