Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice...

Took the 147 for an MOT today and needs some new wishbones and total about £150 spending on it.
I've been thinking of selling (got a 166 :) ) but what to do?

It's a JTD 8v with 176,000 miles , had a new clutch and about 15,000 left on the cambelt. Also has tan leather interior and Bose. Kinda see the options as:

1) Sell it for parts, no MOT
2) Fix it up and sell for like £400??
3) Scrap it ... ;-(

Any other ideas gratefully received!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
If it just needs a set of wishbones for the MOT then someone will take it off your hands I'm sure.. Not worth scrapping over that.. They're pretty much service items!

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
New wishbones is a few hours on the spanners. Even if the garage does it, the cost is not that bad. Then you have a working diesel with a year long ticket - got to be worth £700 of anyone's money.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Either way its like scrapping a car because it needs new tyres.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just 400 in the UK for a diesel? Here in Slovakia the diesel Alfa's actually seem to "hold their value", whereas my wife's gasoline 156 JTS I will just sell off for parts when we need a larger car.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Just 400 in the UK for a diesel? Here in Slovakia the diesel Alfa's actually seem to "hold their value", whereas my wife's gasoline 156 JTS I will just sell off for parts when we need a larger car.
Not all diesels are the same... Standard edition 147, high mileage, 8V JTD... Not a lot to make it stand out...

There's lots of 5-10 year old diesels still trading hands for £5k+..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts