Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had one remapped as yet? That is if there is a remap available of course?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I know alfatune were working on it...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
When we collected ours (May 2010), Mangoletsi said they were working with the factory to install the map from the Giulietta Cloverleaf, i.e. 235bhp. I asked them to put me at the head of the queue for having it done and have heard......nothing.

I'll be searching again after Christmas though as the 1750 is slower and worse on fuel than our 156 V6.....:wow:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as the 1750 is slower and worse on fuel than our 156 V6.....:wow:
That's crazy. I was thinking of a 159 Ti for my next car but to be honest I got rid of the 159 3.2 due to fuel consumption and the GT 1.9 I have now has been a dream getting me 40mpg with most of my journies around Town. Of course the 1750 TBi engine topped my list hence my question about the remap but sensibly I should probably go for a remapped/DPF-less 1.9 (a 2.4 would be the best bet performance but I'll lose about 10mpg). It guts me that I'm having to properly think about mpg for the first time in my life lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Have to say when it tried a few TBi Ti I wasnt that keen... pehaps I was hoping for more, the noise wasnt what I wanted and fuel economy quoted on here wasnt far off the V6, so spent less money and got the GT instead, use the GT for 6 months then the 159 (although part of the deal with the Mrs was i sold it and got something super economical round town, managed to avoid that so far), only tax one or the other too so its hardly made any difference to my costs... well apart from the insurance.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to say when it tried a few TBi Ti I wasnt that keen... pehaps I was hoping for more, the noise wasnt what I wanted and fuel economy quoted on here wasnt far off the V6, so spent less money and got the GT instead, use the GT for 6 months then the 159 (although part of the deal with the Mrs was i sold it and got something super economical round town, managed to avoid that so far), only tax one or the other too so its hardly made any difference to my costs... well apart from the insurance.
GT 3.2 V6...my favourite ever car!!!! I miss it :(

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
When we collected ours (May 2010), Mangoletsi said they were working with the factory to install the map from the Giulietta Cloverleaf, i.e. 235bhp. I asked them to put me at the head of the queue for having it done and have heard......nothing.

I'll be searching again after Christmas though as the 1750 is slower and worse on fuel than our 156 V6.....:wow:
The 159 is a much much bigger car than the 156 so that doesn't surprise me much

+ rides much better and has better tuning potential..

Link to G remap thread:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/309731-ahm-giulietta-cloverleaf-remap.html

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gotta be honest, my 159 sw TBi has impressed me. Goes pretty damn fast (fast enough for me anyway) and now after 2500k... I am getting around 32mpg at 70mph. That is fine by me. Better than my last motor.
If I could change anything... I would upgrade the exhaust to a nicer sounding one (but I have not found one yet).
OH.. and the 159 sw looks the nuts!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Graham as you know like you I've gone from 2.2 into the 1750TBI so know the dilema.

For me its equated to a grand total of about 2mpg more than the 2.2. Its also faster and better to drive IMHO. Doesnt sound anywhere near as nice as the 2.2 with the mod 4 but its grown on me over time and isnt too bad. (Im sure a ragazzon exhaust would sort :)) If you're looking for decent MPG though forget the TBI. You can crack 30 on the motorway but with mixed spirited driving I'm struggling to hit 25.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts